Beeping Transmitter?

SVI

Reaction score
I recently purchased the Phantom and I just put brand new lithium batteries in my transmitter and it is non-stop beeping and the red light is blinking.There has only been one time that I turned it on that it didn't do this. Any ideas?

SVI said:
I recently purchased the Phantom and I just put brand new lithium batteries in my transmitter and it is non-stop beeping and the red light is blinking.There has only been one time that I turned it on that it didn't do this. Any ideas?

Are you sure you're turning the power switch on with the throttle/altitude stick (Left) all the way down?? Mine will do that if the stick is up at all. 1 long beep and 2 short.

SVI said:

power on sequence is as follows:
turn on TX
plug in battery for Phantom

if you turn on the TX and it is beeping that means that "the throttle stick (left control stick) isn’t at the lowest position after turning on". bring that stick to the lowest position and it should stop the beeping.

blinking red light means the TX is trying to link to the Phantom. since this is your first time powering on, it may take a few second after you plug the battery in on the Phantom for the red indicator light on the TX to stop. If the problem persists, you have one of two options depending on how comfortable you are with opening the phantom up or not. you can open up the phantom and do the linking as indicated in section "A3 Linking the Transmitter and Receiver" of the advance manual OR can take it back to where ever you purchased it and see if they can do it for you.

by the way, you want to make sure the beeping is actually coming from the transmitter itself and not the Phantom. if the beeping is coming from the Phantom, that means it is a different problem.

Thanks, it was the throttle stick not being in the down position. Much appreciated.

Actually my transmitter constantly beeps even with the left throttle stick down. Brand new out of the box. But it seems to work ok when flying my phantom. It just doesn't stop beeping. Any ideas whats going on ?

iphilms said:
Actually my transmitter constantly beeps even with the left throttle stick down. Brand new out of the box. But it seems to work ok when flying my phantom. It just doesn't stop beeping. Any ideas whats going on ?

usually the beeping from the transmitter is caused by two things:
1) left control stick is not all the way at the bottom position
2) low battery -- battery needs to be changed

if you have the control stick all the way down, you may need to double check the calibration of the transmitter. but if you put used batteries into the transmitter, then you need to put brand new ones in there.

i used brand new batteries the first time and it was constantly beeping. then i bought another pack of batteries and the beeping is gone now. i guess the first batch of batteries were duds.. thanks for your help!!!

auck said:
iphilms said:

usually the beeping from the transmitter is caused by two things:
1) left control stick is not all the way at the bottom position
2) low battery -- battery needs to be changed

if you have the control stick all the way down, you may need to double check the calibration of the transmitter. but if you put used batteries into the transmitter, then you need to put brand new ones in there.

Hi, I'm new to this website but I would really appreciate anyone's help on the issue I'm dealing with.

My phantom was flying good for two weeks then I went to re calibrate it with the software NAZA with the new firmware and now when I plug the battery on to the Phantom it beeps! beep beep beep beep constantly! I have the TX stick down and its coming from the Phantom. Can anyone help please?

auck said:
blinking red light means the TX is trying to link to the Phantom.

Are you sure? How does the transmitter know it has linked? I did not think the Phantom did any transmitting at all, just receiving. So, no back & forth communication.

Darrell1 said:
auck said:

Are you sure? How does the transmitter know it has linked? I did not think the Phantom did any transmitting at all, just receiving. So, no back & forth communication.

Old thread but it'd be nice to get an answer to this. My transmitter recently did this a couple of times. Changing batteries helped but the beeping came back quicker than I expected with these freshly charged eneloop (sp?) batteries.

FlyingFanta said:
Darrell1 said:
auck said:

Old thread but it'd be nice to get an answer to this. My transmitter recently did this a couple of times. Changing batteries helped but the beeping came back quicker than I expected with these freshly charged eneloop (sp?) batteries.

The Phantom Tx will also beep if left on for a while with no input (as a reminder)

OI Photography said:
The Phantom Tx will also beep if left on for a while with no input (as a reminder)

Oh thank you. I had the controller on while going through the naza assistant and I was puzzled at why the hell the battery sucked so much. Then I saw how high the voltage was and thought maybe the transmitter or received was hosed.

FlyingFanta said:
OI Photography said:

Oh thank you. I had the controller on while going through the naza assistant and I was puzzled at why the hell the battery sucked so much. Then I saw how high the voltage was and thought maybe the transmitter or received was hosed.

Yep, that's exactly what I thought the first time it happened to me ;)

Hello,

My phantom keeps beeping, 1 beep, then 5 or 6 very rapid beeps, and repeats. Throttle is down, plugged my phantom in and everything looks fine.

Any ideas?

I had a weird one today. I flew yesterday with no problems. I got to the field today and I was getting a slow green blink, than a slow amber blink, repeatedly... I did the compass dance and it seemed to go okay, then it went right into a "not enough satellites" sequence. I put it down on the case and it finally settled down to a slow green blink. I got it ten feet up in the air and it started doing a slow green, slow red, sequence.

I brought her down, took her home and took a look around. The compass information looked okay and it told me I didn't need to do an IMU recal, but I did anyhow.

About this time, the bird started beeping and the TX green light was flashing. I turned the TX off and back on and it stopped. I changed the batteries in the TX, just to be sure that wasn't the problem. I took it outside and all was well. I took it back to the same field where I was having problems and everything went perfectly... Any ideas? I'm leaning towards weak batteries in the TX, since that green, red, flashing sequence means the TX is "trying" to communicate... :roll:

(insert Strother Martin's "what we have here... is a failure... to communicate... speech) :)

I have a similar problem with my Phantom 1. After upgrading firmware, I get 2 green flashes from the LED and one green and one red flash from the navigation lights, followed by a continues beep, beep, beep ...
The batteries are fresh and I have visually checked all internal connections. There is no response to the controller sticks and the usb is not recognized by the computer. Any ideas? Can I roll back the firmware to the previous version that worked just fine?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl