Been off the forum for a while, should I upgrade?

Reaction score
I have been off the forum for a few months. The last time I was actively on here was right after the Oct. 30 and 31 updates came from DJI. Since then I have not upgraded anything on either the remote or the bird. I am still running the 3.06 software I think it is. I have the rear gimbal arm mounted in my controller but could never get it to work quite right so I quit using it. Question is, should I update my software and all other parts of the flight controls now? Will the gimbal arm work more smoothly than it did in November? The bird flies great now so I don't want to run into any problems which always seem to appear after an update.

Thanks for any and all advice.

I've been using the 3.12 firmware and calibrating before every flight, and I've never had any issues! Ya you should definately do all the latest updates, just remember to do the compass calibration before every flight!

yrusoslowh0e said:
just remember to do the compass calibration before every flight!
Why??
If it was important DJI would have recommended that - but they didn't.
People who make their own rules and suggest compass calibration every flight don't understand what a compass calibration does.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=36546

phantomguy said:
ZERO reason to calibrate before every flight. In fact , DJI does NOT recommend that

It seems like every flight I do the app tells me I need to do a compass calibration.

eseckinger said:
It seems like every flight I do the app tells me I need to do a compass calibration.
One possible cause of that is that you could be trying to launch from somewhere with a lot of iron or steel nearby?
Like a car roof, manhole cover or concrete with reinforcing?
If you try from an open grassy area does it still happen?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20