been filming humpback whales the past few months. these are my favorite shots.

That is so amazing! Awesome job! My wife and I went to Maui / Kauai for our honeymoon. I would move there in a heartbeat if my wife and kids would go. What software did you use for editing?

Reactions: djidobie
Excellent video jordkl,very well done.Perfect conditions too,the water is so clear.
What is that swimming next to the whale at 35 to 40 seconds in? It looks like a flounder but huge,maybe a ray?
After rewatching a few times I see it's a turtle.

Last edited:

any feedback would be awesome. still learning how to smoothly track subjects. also editing 4k takes forever even with proxy files!
Awesome man!

Fantastic video - Whales, Dolphins, Turtle and a couple of insignificant Homo Sapiens in canoes.
Loved that fragment of rainbow when one of the stars of the sequence blew from its blowhole after 40 seconds.

Old thread but i still have to comment. I was always wondering where dolphins get the idea of swimming in front of moving boats and ships. It looks like they've been doing it for quite some time with the whales.

Really wonderful production on animal behavior! You know those whales were happy because they were vacationing in Hawaii.

Reactions: daveleeds
Amazing. You're very lucky to have such beautiful and interesting subject matter but you've also made a great job of filming and editing it. If I could make a video half as good as that, I'd retire from aerial filming a very happy man.
Possibly the best Whale footage I've ever seen. Top job.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20