Been Contacted by FAA

Ohary said:
...Studios have been using drones to film for years. They make $hitloads of money on those films and I haven't heard of the FAA cracking down on the movie studios.

This is an excellent point! Are there any professional aerial cinematographers here that can provide some insight?

photographix said:
Ohary said:
...Studios have been using drones to film for years. They make $hitloads of money on those films and I haven't heard of the FAA cracking down on the movie studios.

This is an excellent point! Are there any professional aerial cinematographers here that can provide some insight?
Maybe ask in an s1000 forum?

photographix said:
Ohary said:

I'm definitely not that class of pro, but I've heard anecdotal reports that some production houses have been contacted similarly though nothing really from the major studios etc. Some of the smaller places may be running scared from drones for now, but I don't think the volume of drone-produced TV/Movie footage has decreased significantly.

Checkout dronelawjournal.com and school yourself on that stuff.

FAA just bonkers until the law catches up with the technology.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4