Beautiful Scotland looking for feedback

Reaction score
Hi all,
I know this is not perfect in fact probably far form it. I am getting a lot of really good feedback from people but I want yours. So please have a watch and let me know what I can improve. I know there are some colour issues which I'm working on. I'm looking forward to hearing from other drone users though...

Thanks in advance :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's fantastic footage. Outstanding job IMHO. What are you using to edit and produce the video and at what resolution?

Sent from my Hudl 2 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you very much indeed, that means more to me than you know.

I use Adobe Premier Pro and I film in 1920 x 180 D-Log. I cut to the beat of the music, in fact for me the music is just as if not more important than the visual footage but then I've always been a musician but only a film maker since June this year. I turn the saturation right up, brightness down a little and up a bit with the contrast until I'm happy. I play a little with the tones and try and increase the colour but this is where I'm struggling a bit. I also use an ND4 filter because to me the clouds in the sky are really important. I got some cracking footage of a hot air balloon which is in my Perth video but the sky is burnt out so I went out and got a filter.

I must have watched over two hundred videos on YouTube about film making and I spoke to as many photographers as I could before taking up this new hobby. I must say I'm loving every part of it so far.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
It does still look a little flat, you might consider using LUTS, but with Adobe Premiere you can do the same job with a bit of trial and error - and use the reference monitor.
Adding contrast makes things look sharper too.
Also consider shooting in None mode and all at -2, it's still a very neutral effect but is rather easier to get how you want without a LUT to push things nearly there.

It does still look a little flat, you might consider using LUTS, but with Adobe Premiere you can do the same job with a bit of trial and error - and use the reference monitor.
Adding contrast makes things look sharper too.
Also consider shooting in None mode and all at -2, it's still a very neutral effect but is rather easier to get how you want without a LUT to push things nearly there.

Now that's exactly what I'm looking for I will have a go thanks for the advice. Can I just ask what are LUTS and what do you mean by using the reference monitor?

Many thanks

That is a great job.
I have never used Premier but a mate of mine was a pro video editor and he used to swear by something called Boris FX. It is an add on for Premier. He told me that Premier without Boris was like driving an Aston Martin with a 1.6 engine!

Now that's exactly what I'm looking for I will have a go thanks for the advice. Can I just ask what are LUTS and what do you mean by using the reference monitor?

Many thanks
See if you can install magic bullet in your premiere.
3D LUT PRESETS FOR DJI LOG
Latest CC version has Lumetri will deal with them but Magic Bullet is very good.

The reference monitor is helpful to judge how things are truly displaying - your own monitor depends a lot on light in the room etc
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This channel has a lot of more advanced techniques such as applying a grad to bring out detail in a washed out sky
Frederick Hagan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers