Beautiful Beach Day

Reaction score
Center City Philadelphia and Fire Island, NY
It was a cold and rainy late Spring, and high winds often kept me grounded, but we've had a few nice days.

DJI_0047.JPG

The view is looking East. Skylight filter. The town of Saltaire has passed a code that they believe prohibits landing and launching drones within the town.

The view is looking East. Skylight filter. The town of Saltaire has passed a code that they believe prohibits landing and launching drones within the town.
Man, assumptions can get me in trouble. Duh, wasn't thinking. Waves off the Atlantic come in from the east, unless the island is going NE. Is the whole island going to be close to drones? I looked at Google Earth and notice a light house. Can you do a POI flight?

Ugly law,,,mayby build small raft tie to so rocks and use to launch and land,,that way you not landing or taking off from land :) looks like nice area to fly

Reactions: skeptic49
Man, assumptions can get me in trouble. Duh, wasn't thinking. Waves off the Atlantic come in from the east, unless the island is going NE. Is the whole island going to be close to drones? I looked at Google Earth and notice a light house. Can you do a POI flight?

The lighthouse is at the Western end of the island, tough for me to get to normally. There are several drone videos of it on YT like this one:

Much of Fire Island is a NFZ - the portions that are part of the Fire Island National Seashore. The sectional indicates that the lighthouse itself is located within the NFZ. You can fly to it from outside the federal area...take off and land outside the park proper.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj