beat my last distance, good thing didnt crash

Crap, now I feel like I somehow caused this...:oops:

But that can't be. If it did happen, it was eventually going to happen, sometime, some place. :rolleyes:Good thing you were able to recover the birds...:cool: If there was a silver lining, at least you had some control of recovery:confused:

I've had the craft out over 8 times this far and high, I may have to rethink...

Quick question, do your birds have a lot in common in terms of when and where it was built? Mine is a P2V version 1.4. I know it is older, and it sat on some shelf before my wife, I mean Santa, got it for me. Could we compare serial #s? I know there are threads out there dedicated to this and they did not uncover much. But I was wondering your setups...

My Serial # is PH645403157 and like I said, it's a V1.4

View attachment 24515
Yep it's even called the "intruder101 crash now, I read a post here the other day & the words they used about the crash was, I've just had an intruder101 crash can anyone help:D:p

Reactions: Intruder101
Mines v1.04 but can't see the serial number cos me gimbals in the way:(
I'll come back to ya on that;)

Mine was one of the last production run models with all the updated parts.

Cor Santa bought my one toooo love to know how many phantoms he had on his sledge that night:D

:mad:...:D All Good Brother. Wouldn't surprise me tho if someone did start blaming me for tempting...
Nah not gonna blame you for that, wellllllllllllllll.......:D

Porky:

I've always accepted bad things happening to me much more readily if I have somebody to blame.
101 it's your thought:p:p:D lol

Reactions: Intruder101
I can't see mine as it's like Porkys with the gimbal in the way but about all my trips are to try and out do my best
so I don't think that was the issue Intruder . My crashes that I have were power issues till this last change and that was my fault
packing them with mud and then using the pressure water hose to get that mud out . They did still fly but something was just not right so I went ahead and switched them back to the V3 ones .I think as with anything ya can get some grit or something in there and cause a problem .
Going long though has never been one for me though .

Reactions: Clampit
DSCN0544.JPG
DSCN0544.JPG
DSCN0543.JPG
well went out tonight topped my last distance but good thing I didnt fall from the sky, came back in and just as I got it in and was coming down was maybe 20-30 feet off the ground and she started to fall like a rock tried to bring it up but she wouldnt go had a light crash on the ground, went and picked it up and one of the motors was really hot, tried starting it up and 3 of the props turned normally but the one wouldnt turn, think the bearing seazed up good thing it happened when almost home not 500 feet up yikes, no damage thou thats the good thing...need to find me another motor, is it good to swap out just one or better to swap out all 4? did get a snap shot of my distance thou....

Let me tell you my story. It might help you out. My first flight I hit a tree about 400 yards out. the Phantom went down hard enough to knock the camera completely loose. I hit the controls to kill the motors but the bird apparently didn't get the command. When I found it two motors had badly overheated. Here's the worst part. In addition to two motors and one ESC I had to replace the shell. the bottom half at least but you have to buy the entire shell. where the motors mound to the lower shell the plastic melted enough to distort the mounts. In all 2 motors, two ESCs, one shell and shipping from China was about $169 USD. Be sure your mounts aren't distorted from the heat. Swapping all of the guts (circuits and motors) over is not hard if you're handy with a soldering iron. I'll try to upload a few photos of what the overheated motors did to the shell. Ok. added the pics. The motors would have been out of alignment with the old shell and would have made flying almost impossible. You can see the distortion in the mounting screws. Look yours over. If you need the shell I can walk you through the switch of the guts. Each motor is wired differently to the ESC. And remember you have two CW and two CCW motors so be sure to order the right one's. My entire change over took me about two hours. Good luck.

Last edited:
View attachment 24738 View attachment 24738 View attachment 24737

Let me tell you my story. It might help you out. My first flight I hit a tree about 400 yards out. the Phantom went down hard enough to knock the camera completely loose. I hit the controls to kill the motors but the bird apparently didn't get the command. When I found it two motors had badly overheated. Here's the worst part. In addition to two motors and one ESC I had to replace the shell. the bottom half at least but you have to buy the entire shell. where the motors mound to the lower shell the plastic melted enough to distort the mounts. In all 2 motors, two ESCs, one shell and shipping from China was about $169 USD. Be sure your mounts aren't distorted from the heat. Swapping all of the guts (circuits and motors) over is not hard if you're handy with a soldering iron. I'll try to upload a few photos of what the overheated motors did to the shell.
Wow! That is some serious heat! Glad you are back in the air again.

That one was Hot ! My first one that had to have a new shell was just 1 motor that was stopped while the others spun and it didn't look like that from the bottom but like this under the motor motor d1.jpg . Motor just looked tilted and when I looked this is what it looked like .

Reactions: Clampit
wow that really melted it huh, mine when she quit never melted anything but I think it was acting up but just actually quit while I was bringing it down so no real damage just need a new motor, got a couple comin in the mail

Well in that way of thinking Squid I agree with changing all 4 as in my mind it would be like just changing the brake pads on one side of my car and not the other if ya see what I mean by that .
Where do you see it says they need the 2.1 esc ? Where you are ordering them ? Are they V3 motors [ 2312's ] ? I will be taking the top off mine today maybe and will look at the stock esc but and might be wrong thought mine came stock with the 2.0 one .
I JIMO change motors I put in new esc . I like the 2312 motor better myself . The start up tone is shorter and thought something was wrong when I first
changed to them and call the tech where I got them and he told me that's the way they were with that motor .2312 is V3 motor .
Works great :) Where ever ya get your motors I would call and just make sure they sent the right esc for whatever motor I got to be sure ! Is what I do ;)
Did you ever look at the T-MOTOR antiGravity

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik