beat my last distance, good thing didnt crash

Squid,
Gonna take me phantom out tomorrow for a good old flight so I'll let ya know if it behaves. Oh I hope so:eek:

Squid,
Gonna take me phantom out tomorrow for a good old flight so I'll let ya know if it behaves. Oh I hope so:eek:
Squid, couldn't get out today, image.jpgfollowed by image.jpg
I'll see if I can get out sometime this week, I'll shout ya when I do;)

Thanks bud but think I might just try and tackle gotta learn sometime lol good as time as any I figure
Practice on a old board first if ya never have soldered much bro. Mine went in great :D

Squid,

Soldering is not that bad buddy, just take your time, don't leave the solder tip to long on the joint, avoids getting the pcb board to hot & don't put to much solder on it.

Your be fine;)

Reactions: dirkclod
Last edited:
That brill squid, got me work cut out now.... Don't think I'll bet that buddy but I'll give it a go;)
Don't bet it porky ..beat it o_O
Never gonna learn ya nothing :rolleyes:

Reactions: Clampit
See ya have missed me, correcting me smelling miss takes.......:p

Reactions: dirkclod
Thanks bud but think I might just try and tackle gotta learn sometime lol good as time as any I figure
The best trick is to get some solder on the iron tip and some on the wire with which you will make the join. We used to call it tinning. When you desolder the old motor wires you can have a look at the size of the solder puddle and use that as a guide. Good luck.

You can pick up a nice small Weller iron at Canadian Tire that will be the cat's meow.

Reactions: Intruder101
Yep still called tinning;) you could even get a solder sucker to suck out the old solder from the pcb that you heat up. If ya YouTube it squid it will give ya a better understanding of what to do buddy.;)

The best trick is to get some solder on the iron tip and some on the wire with which you will make the join. We used to call it tinning. When you desolder the old motor wires you can have a look at the size of the solder puddle and use that as a guide. Good luck.

You can pick up a nice small Weller iron at Canadian Tire that will be the cat's meow.
So I have to travel from South Dakota to Canada to get a solder iron? That seems a bit extreme... :D

Hey squid,

Was that distance with the bad motor or was it much earlier before you noticed you had a motor problem?
no Porky that was the same day, took it out to 1916 feet then came back and 2 seconds later took it out around 1200 feet came back and thats when it happened started to come down, was maybe 50 feet in the air and she started to come down fast pushed up on the throttle she went up tried to bring it down again, started to come down and when I was about 30 feet of the ground started to come down fast again and that time couldnt bring it back up down she went, so did that distance with a bad motor I guess I was up around 500 feet when I started and when I looked at the snap shot it said I was at 300 and some feet so the motor must have been crapping out and I was losing alitude I guess

Ditto to your statement, exactly the same as me:( I just don't know why it happened. Perhaps we pushed our phantoms to the limit....... :confused: Still not tested my out since it happened but like I said in one of my last posts, I'll shout ya on how I get on;)

Ditto to your statement, exactly the same as me:( I just don't know why it happened. Perhaps we pushed our phantoms to the limit....... :confused: Still not tested my out since it happened but like I said in one of my last posts, I'll shout ya on how I get on;)

Crap, now I feel like I somehow caused this...:oops:

But that can't be. If it did happen, it was eventually going to happen, sometime, some place. :rolleyes:Good thing you were able to recover the birds...:cool: If there was a silver lining, at least you had some control of recovery:confused:

I've had the craft out over 8 times this far and high, I may have to rethink...

Quick question, do your birds have a lot in common in terms of when and where it was built? Mine is a P2V version 1.4. I know it is older, and it sat on some shelf before my wife, I mean Santa, got it for me. Could we compare serial #s? I know there are threads out there dedicated to this and they did not uncover much. But I was wondering your setups...

My Serial # is PH645403157 and like I said, it's a V1.4

image.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl