Bearing replacement - Impossible to remove old bearings

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I just got my new ceramic bearings and started working on my phantom. I was able to easily remove old bearings from one of the motors (the noisy one) but cannot seem to get the old bearings out of any of the other three motors. Seems Like they are all pressed in very tightly. one of the bearings totally shattered in the process and all i have is the race sitting in the motor.

Any tips on how to get the old bearings out?

Thanks!

John

The best way I found ( APPLY HEAT ) heat it a bit with a heat gun, or good blow dryer
I've even used a lighter before ( but do not recommend, as flame jumps around a bit, and it leaves black residue
Behind!
Heat gun is BEST
blow dryer ( ok )
Lighter ( last resort ) lol

Anyway do not over heat, just heat a bit, try to remove, heat a bit more, ect!
A little goes a long way!

Let me know!

Take care, Fly safe!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

The bearing is hardened steel, where the motor housing is cast, cast heats faster, less dense.
This has worked for me, you don't need much heat, just enought to shimmy it loose, hope this helps!

Jerry D
USA
( J Dot )

I put mine in the freezer for a while, then a couple of sharp taps to the inner race, with a punch, from the opposite side of the motor pops them right out. I hold the motor in one hand to do this. Definitely need sharp taps in most cases.

Edit: oops forgot. I also purchased a can of freeze spray last time to just quickly freeze the bearing itself.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie