Beaches in Poland - Sony RX 100

Reaction score
Flying on Atti with the wind, due to lack of gimbal, over some lovely beaches in Poland. Hope you like it:

http://vimeo.com/98877659

DSC055801_zps297de8a7.jpg

DSC07514_zpsbdbe6173.jpg

DSC029021_zpsd1229402.jpg

Nice shots, good work!

Very nice! Do you have pictures of your camera mount? I have tried the RX100 for video but mine is not nearly that stable.

Great, the RX100 is much better than the Gopro. Shame there is no gimbal for it for the P2...

Thanks.

I use carbon plates with rubber balls that I got off eBay. Between the mount and the Phantom there is a thin layer of Moongel.

DSC05281_zps2695ecdb.jpg

For relatively stable footage I only record video in calm conditions, drifting on Atti mode with the wind or flying very slowly if there is no wind at all. I still get some micro-vibrations on the horizon here and there, despite balancing the props, that I am unable to correct in iMovie.

Do you guys have ideas how to make the mount more stable? Should I try another set of rubber balls? Anything else?

Great pictures and video! The Sony camera picture quality is amazing. I saw a mount similar to yours on eBay which had aircraft cables instead of the balls. I can't find the link right now, but he attached the cables to the cf plates [sideway u shape] and claimed it was superior to the balls. I just got some moon gel [sorbathane pads] to try on my de gimbal. Happy flying and keep posting your beautiful shots!

Thank you. Yeah, picture quality is amazing for a compact, but it requires some fiddling with rubber bands to keep the shutter pressed down during flight, due to lack of time-lapse. As a result, some pictures are blurry and incorrectly exposed, but usually there are keepers from every flight. At only 28mm framing is not easy, but large sensor with many pixels enables cropping and straightening in post, if you remember to keep large distance from objects you are shooting. Even though the RX 100 I is not perfect for aerial photography, I am satisfied with it and it produces much better photos than the GoPro. I guess it's one of the best cameras that can be attached to the Phantom.

I just looked around and found some wire rope mounts, but they seem to be too thick to prevent the RX 100 from protruding. Further, I suppose it would be challenging to find a good solution to attach the camera with a tripod screw, for adequate balance and ease of removal.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20