BE AWARE - No Wi-Fi connection with 3.04

Dronie got a new camera from his dealer. Camera has outdated firmware; 1.1.9 was released 5 months ago!

Didn't say I had outdated firmware.
I said if anyone had this outdated firmware, then that might the reason if they had issues connecting their cam to the new updated app (as I have seen many people having problems with).

And now he doesn't know how to update it because he has a mac...
I have no problem updating after reading the how-to text file in the update - The problem I'm referring to - which you apparently fail to see despite my clear explanation - is that DJI lists this update under a"Windows" icon - despite the fact it also works with a Mac!
Read, think, post.

I told you one hour ago
And I replied dude...
Ah, It's updated via the cam (and the SD card). My bad, thought it had to be done via the pc or Assistant Software.

Once again for you: DJI fucks up their terminology, software and all DJI UI is crap creating tons of misunderstandings - not just for me.

Hi after update notthing but problems with signal i have the antennas from Horizonfpv was getting 5000 feet range now its down to around 2000 feet video drops out and won't reconnect again have to hit home lock to get it back i have tried all the review settings but just the same. :(
Receiver dropped out the other day too and RTH was activated it like DJI have put a restriction on the range you can fly the only thing works all is the ground station.
DO NOT UPDATE

I've updated to 3.04 as well and have a Wifi connection problem but not like yours. I had this problem before I updated, it will connect for about 30 seconds and drop with "Connection Broken" message, you go to re-establish the connection and it says "Turned Off" and I reconnect. . .for about 30 secs.

Having said that I do have a problem that occurred after 3.04 and that is "Cmos error" on the camera and I can't get any video. I'm about to open a ticket with DJI on this.

Paul

I updated the software (had to, needed to do an IMU cal), and had a successful connection. Then, after cycling power, I could not find the Phantomxxxx network at all, on either my android phone or my Ipad (running the iphone app). Cycled power on everything, no joy. Charged the extender overnight, and will try again tonight to see if the network shows up.

Yea this setup is very unstable now video freezes or cutting out signal drop outs when i first tried the ground station there was no video in all review settings the last update was bad had to change my review settings from 640x480 30fps to 320x240 30fps but this is ten times worse.Why cant DJI get it right i am going to 3drobotics much better system.

tincup said:
I've updated to 3.04 as well and have a Wifi connection problem but not like yours. I had this problem before I updated, it will connect for about 30 seconds and drop with "Connection Broken" message, you go to re-establish the connection and it says "Turned Off" and I reconnect. . .for about 30 secs.

Having said that I do have a problem that occurred after 3.04 and that is "Cmos error" on the camera and I can't get any video. I'm about to open a ticket with DJI on this.

Paul
Good luck with getting a reply from DJI in 20 emails I have sent them I have never got one back all they care about is how many they sell there custom services is crap and that's being nice if it was not for this forum and others like it I would have never have got to fly mine with all the problems I have had with over the 6 months I have had it DJI really need to start getting it right they cant keep staying its the user fault

shaun27 said:
Good luck with getting a reply from DJI in 20 emails I have sent them I have never got one back all they care about is how many they sell there custom services is crap and that's being nice if it was not for this forum and others like it I would have never have got to fly mine with all the problems I have had with over the 6 months I have had it DJI really need to start getting it right they cant keep staying its the user fault

I'll donate you some periods. Here ........................................... Please, help yourself.

shaun27,

What other forums do you check in to? I need all the information I can get.

This is only a guess about the current problems with P2V after 3.04.

If the same controller firmware (3.04) is used on both the P2V and P2V+, when it automatically updates the main board firmware through the Assistant, an incompatibility is introduced. The P2V has an air cooled and remote mounted camera/wifi unit. The P2V+ has most of those components inside the shell. The temperature monitoring and protection routines cannot be the same. The problem is likely to be in the main board firmware update that was forced by the assistant as a result of the 3.04 update. If the one size fits all approach is used on both models, chances are the P2V configuration is not completely compatible with the plus revisions in the firmware updates. I think much of the problems are due to the thermal protection routines, and separate firmwares revisions are needed for each model.

Again, just some thoughts.

I rarely fly my vision. I try not to fly below 50% battery. I don't try to fly in temperatures above 90 degrees Fah. I don't want to risk falling out of the sky with under 25 battery cycles. Nor do I want the camera to think it has over heated and shut down. My wifi is flakey, but still functional. My battery (DJI OEM) is sometimes not detected as a valid battery. Other than that, the P2V is somewhat functional.

I thought the CMOS error might be heat related because I can set it on a table outside in the shade and it works fine. I'm located in the Southern California desert and this time of year the ambient temps reach 106F in the afternoon. It's been too windy lately to fly but I'm going to try flying in the morning before it gets too hot.

The loss of Wifi existed right out of the box on the old firmware, I've done everything mentioned on this thread but nothing works, still comes up and 30 seconds drops. And, nothing from DJI on my two e-mails.

Paul

Tincup, the wifi dropping on the Vision after updating the app for waypoints may be as simple as the app setting a flag to restrict wifi connection to the extender until it downloads the maps for your area. If that flag is never reset, it may result in the wifi not being allowed to maintain contact with the range extender. Have you tried it on another device running the app that has already cached the maps prior to connecting the device othe extender? Again, just guesses from the end...

My Wi-FI has been a little strange recently. I turn on my transmitter & repeater. Wait 15 secs. Turn on my Phantom. Wait 15 secs. Turn on my iPad Mini's WIFI and sometimes the Phantom Network is available and sometimes it's not. I fiddle with it for a minute if I don't see the Phantom Network at first. Once I finally do connect to the Phantom Network, the IOS app says no connection when I go to the Camera. In nearly every situation like this (when the camera shows no connection but I am connected to the Phantom Network) I have to kill the app, go into Airplane mode on my iPad (or iPhone), turn off the repeater and the Phantom, turn on the repeater and Phantom, wait 15 secs, reconnect to the Phantom Network, wait a few secs, start the app again and the Camera works. I use 1-3% of my Phantom's battery during this process. Odd behavior, but... at least it works.

I did try rebinding the repeater to the camera and that made no difference. It's just hit & miss.

Since my setup is using Apple equipment, today I tried something new. There is a Mac OSX "Configuration Utility" to manage advanced settings: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1465

I setup a profile with WIFI settings where my my Phantom Network is 1st (set to auto connect) and my home network is 2nd. These instructions assisted with using the Utility: http://nootrix.com/2012/01/prioritize-wifi-on-iphone/

I did this for my iPhone and my iPad mini. I'll see if it helps at all. :geek:

No WiFi after upgrade

So I did the big update today hoping to try my hand at the Ground Station. Did the complete update but now cannot see the phantom wifi, it showed it once for a second, but then disappeared never to be seen again. Any advice?

Re: No WiFi after upgrade

Yes read through all that, but seem like he had a bad camera? Mine was and has been working fine since January and today I upgrade, ands now no wifi, does not show the connection on my ipad or ipod

tincup said:
shaun27,

What other forums do you check in to? I need all the information I can get.
there is a few on F.B and the R.C site there was a list some were on this site

just had a email saying my p2v as been posted back to me it had a new camera and a Wi-Fi extender after the last update
thanks buzzflyer for sorting it out

Wooo hooo! I fixed my Wifi disconnect problem, I turned on Airplane mode on my Galaxy S4. Now look at the irony here:), I'm flying a quadcopter and the airplane mode must be turned on. What ever it takes I don't care. Now to get a fix for the CMOS error, it only occurs when I turn on the video, photos work fine and I get no video on the SD card but the video IS displayed on the S4?? The camera will talk to the S4 but not the SD chip, oh well, back to DJI.

Paul

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj