BE AWARE - No Wi-Fi connection with 3.04

Reaction score
Just updated the DJI Vision app(iPhone ver. 1.0.41) and P2V firmware to 3.04 to try out the just released option to fly with WAYPOINTS.

After the update, it is now impossible to connect to the P2V via Wi-Fi.

The P2V does not show up on the Wi-Fi list anymore - The Phantom actually showed op briefly, on the Wi-Fi list, but after choosing the it, I got an error message saying is was "not possible to connect to network". It only showed up this once after having tried now for 1 hour.

I have tried to reboot RC, iPhone, P2V, turn Wi-Fi on/off etc. I even tried to "re-update" the P2V through the PT2 app - and everything shows up as updated and working correctly.

Wi-Fi connection worked perfectly for a flight yesterday (no crashes since), so this is absolutely a firmware issue. So be aware.

Any suggestion how to fix this - or if it's possible to downgrade the P2V firmware, as it's not possible to downgrade the iPhone app to my knowledge?

Thanks.

Ensure your mobile device has access to the Internet.

It's on high-speed Wi-Fi

DJI Vision app cannot connect to your aircraft while it is accessing the Internet. Hence, you may prompt with the warning message such as “Connection to Phantom Failed”. This message will not appear when your aircraft is re-connected to DJI Vision app.

The problem is that the P2V doesn't show up on the Wi-Fi list at all.. The app has been opened and downloaded maps of my current location.

This message will not appear when your aircraft is re-connected to DJI Vision app.

Unfortunately, the aircraft has never connected to the app after the 3.04 firmware upgrade.

I just checked it out myself and it is working like described in the manual.
No problems here to connect to the wifi repeater.

Thanks for the update. So it's only some ppl who have problems connecting via Wi-Fi. Anyone else has a solution?

Weird... I updated to 3.04 over the weekend and haven't had any problems.
Sure would be nice to know just how widespread the problem is.
I'm on Android... wonder if it's an issue for iOS users only?

I'm on Android... wonder if it's an issue for iOS users only?

The issue does NOT seem to relate to the app - as I have used several computers to search for Wi-Fi networks (including of course my iPhone), I can see that the P2V does not send out a Wi-Fi signal ( "PHANTOM..." network) anymore like before - and like it did perfectly before the 3.04 upgrade.

So to me it looks like a software issue on the P2V end.

dronie said:
Ensure your mobile device has access to the Internet.

It's on high-speed Wi-Fi

DJI Vision app cannot connect to your aircraft while it is accessing the Internet. Hence, you may prompt with the warning message such as “Connection to Phantom Failed”. This message will not appear when your aircraft is re-connected to DJI Vision app.

The problem is that the P2V doesn't show up on the Wi-Fi list at all.. The app has been opened and downloaded maps of my current location.

This message will not appear when your aircraft is re-connected to DJI Vision app.

Unfortunately, the aircraft has never connected to the app after the 3.04 firmware upgrade.

3.04 works fine, if anything you are confusing app upgrade with firmware upgrade. I have been running 3.04 since its release and zero problems.

tedw123 said:
3.04 works fine, if anything you are confusing app upgrade with firmware upgrade. I have been running 3.04 since its release and zero problems.

I think the correct phrase you're looking for is "3.04 works fine FOR YOU". It works fine for me, too. That doesn't necessarily mean it works fine for dronie and others.
If it's one thing I've learned in dealing with electronics for 30 years... it just takes one little difference in environment, or loading sequence, or anything really... and what works in one situation doesn't work in another.

I think dronie was pretty clear that what he's talking about is the firmware upgrade. And that since that upgrade, he's had no WiFi connectivity to the Vision. He's right... that's not an app (or app upgrade) issue. It's in the layers above the app.

dronie... have you tried to rebind the repeater?

Nope. 3.04 is the P2V FIRMWARE version. 1..0.41 is the iPhone app version.

No. I have reinstalled the iPhone app now, and will then downgrade Assistant software to 2.0, upgrade P2V through that, and then upgrade to 3.0 and finally upgrade P2V to 3.04. But rebinding is about the only thing I didn't do, so thanks for the advice. I will do that and post result here.

It's all working well on my Android phone. Made two waypoint flights already. Maybe it is an iPhone problem.

ProfessorStein said:
tedw123 said:

Rebinding is not possible as the app gives error message: "Wi-Fi repeater Connection Failed". Same error comes up when trying to "Rename Range Extender SSID".

Downgrading Assistant software to 2.0 didn't help and coming back to 3.0 and re-installing the iPhone app also didn't help.

My iMac - which also searches for all Wi-Fi networks doesn't see the P2V network - so it's very clear now, that the firmware upgrade has broken ability to connect. And yes, I did upgrade via Assistant Software as instructed, and turned the P2V off/on (or Power Cycle it as the chinese say). And in the software everything is listed as upgraded to latest versions.

Anyone know of a method to "hard reset" the whole P2V system and start all over again?

Or how to downgrade from 3.04 to the previous version?

SUCCESS!

Got no idea what happened. My RC was on - with solid green light - starting to make multiple beeps. I turned it off, as I thought is was losing power (although led did not change to red) and after turning it back on again the Phantom Wi-Fi network showed up and I could re-connect to the app. Don't know why, don't know how, but everything seems to be ok now.

Thanks for the inputs - and happy flying everyone.

Had similar issues as dronie..but my connection was (1) 'not in range' or (2) would connect then show 'broken connection' when opened.

Had repeater errors when trying to rename or rebind..
In the end i pushed the reset button on the extender and went through the process to rebind using
http://wiki.dji.com/en/index.php/Phanto ... e_Extender

Amazingly it worked and connected straight away the last 5 times i tried it.

Thought i would put it here incase anyone has troubles and can give this a try...I'm a happy pilot again now. :D

This is what works for me: If I cannot connect to the Phantom's network, I put my iPhone in Airplane Mode for 5 seconds and then switch it back. EVERY time after that, it connects.

ProfessorStein said:
tedw123 said:

I think the correct phrase you're looking for is "3.04 works fine FOR YOU". It works fine for me, too. That doesn't necessarily mean it works fine for dronie and others.
If it's one thing I've learned in dealing with electronics for 30 years... it just takes one little difference in environment, or loading sequence, or anything really... and what works in one situation doesn't work in another.

I think dronie was pretty clear that what he's talking about is the firmware upgrade. And that since that upgrade, he's had no WiFi connectivity to the Vision. He's right... that's not an app (or app upgrade) issue. It's in the layers above the app.

Thanks for attempting to correct me, as you can see it corrected itself and rebinding the remote controller wouldn't fix a wifi issue anyway! It amazes me how people try to let there egos get out of control.

skysteve said:
In the end i pushed the reset button on the extender and went through the process to rebind...

Pushing the reset button is pretty critical in the whole rebinding process, actually.
If you weren't pushing the reset button before, you weren't truly rebinding ;)

ProfessorStein said:
skysteve said:
Pushing the reset button is pretty critical in the whole rebinding process, actually.
If you weren't pushing the reset button before, you weren't truly rebinding ;)

This i did not know..Every day is a school day. The next time it happens i'm on it.. :p Just so relieved it breathes again..

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj