BBC watchdog

Saw it last night typical uk telly with nowt better to report on .I have micro lights flying over my house all the time and @ the weekends sometimes very low but never hear any complaints about them .
I sold my P2V+ and was going to purchase a P3P but decided to wait and see what the p4 will bring to the table but now i think i might get into drone racing .

There has been a follow up on the previous programme tonight because a little boy was blinded after he was hit in the face by his neighbour flying his drone in his back garden.
BBC iPlayer - Watchdog - Series 36: Episode 7
I feel very sorry for the little boy & his family i really do but the programme does not take in to account all the responsible flyers that are out there.

There has been a follow up on the previous programme tonight because a little boy was blinded after he was hit in the face by his neighbour flying his drone in his back garden.
BBC iPlayer - Watchdog - Series 36: Episode 7
I feel very sorry for the little boy & his family i really do but the programme does not take in to account all the responsible flyers that are out there.
When and where did this happen? I can't see anything on the BBC website in North America.

Saw this last night felt sick when i saw the little lads eye missing , even more surprised that the guy who flew the quadcoper was interviewed .
Its a pity that the USA lads could not have seen this i am sure attitudes would change as to where and when you fly your quad.

Check out the daily mail online, they are running the story as well and I must admit that it looks and is really bad.

With regard to the original topic, it flagged up a detail in CAA rules that many in the UK had not realised.

If the craft has a mass of less than 7Kg, and is not fitted with a camera (or another means of data collection), there are virtually no rules. The operator has only to satisfy the condition that he/she considers that the flight is safe to carry out. No 400 ft. ceiling- no minimum distance from persons or buildings etc. etc.

Small Unmanned Aircraft (20kg or less) | Aircraft | Operations and Safety

Very sorry for the 1year old severely injured resulting in the loss of an eye having been hit by a drone. He was with his father and a friend in a small rear garden. The friend was flying what appeared to be a racing drone. He collided with a tree and the drone spun and hit the child. I suspect that this was not subject to GPS etc and was being flown in atti mode. Lots of questions arise such as why flying in such a confined area? so close to anyone let alone a very young child? And why the report did not identify the differences between the technology used on the high end drones to that of the racing or low end toy drones. All drones can be dangerous but if used responsibly and with a degree of common sense any such incidents can be greatly reduced.

That is such a sad story. With my phantom on the way I am also a little worried about public perception when taking it out...

I bought my phantom 2v+, a month ago," from a friend who upgraded to an inspire:
We fly in quite isolated moorland & coastal cliffs, being lucky enough to live in Cornwall : we've had various reactions from people, from indignation that we should be where we've been given permission, to huge interest in our "flying cameras" (we're both keen photographers);
But, not once has anyone commented on the dangerous nature of a 1.2 - 3.0 kg flying brick with spinning knives on each corner.
We seem to be the only ones concerned when people get too close!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20