Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

BBC use Phantom

Discussion in 'News' started by MKheng, Nov 3, 2013.

1. MKheng

Spotted on tonight's BBC2 Africa the DJI Phantom

Attached Files:

2. miskatonic

I saw something on the internet a few weeks ago thinking that BBC meant British Broadcasting. I am now very weary of the abbreviation BBC. :lol:

3. havasuphoto

I didn't watch the 2 videos-but I know they used the Phantom on BBC's Top Gear show.
    Saw Jeremy Clarkson, in an episode in Africa, pull one out of a Pelican Case, place it on top of the case, fire it up, and was shooting video of some river they were trying to cross.

I thought at the time I saw the show-that's a pretty nice piece of kit. Now, I learn it's the DJI Phantom....and, I'm gonna buy one!!!

4. gDallasK

The model used in Top Gear was rather more sophisticated (and expensive) than a Phantom. From memory, it was at least a hex or possibly an octocopter.

5. havasuphoto

Your probably right-considering it was probably filmed more than a year ago-and the Phantom wasn't even out yet. But, I thought it interesting that with the advances in controls(GPS), etc., the "presenter" was easily able to fly it around.

6. fly-catchers

They used a DJI S800 with a Panasonic GH2- http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.ph ... rial-shots

I think its amazing at just how quickly this technology has become more consumer friendly both in use & price. When I first brought my GH2 last year and I saw some videos using it on a dji s800, little did I realise that I too would be using a flying camera less than a year later!

7. OI Photography

"It was interesting to see the Africa special Top Gear this week reveal their Octacopter (DJI S800) and to see it was a GH2 on the Zenmuse."

lol sounds like Jeremy must have welded on 2 more arms/motors/ESC's, which wouldn't surprise me at all :lol:

8. havasuphoto

Don't forget the bigger engines; "Power....need more Power!!!!"