Spotted on tonight's BBC2 Africa the DJI Phantom

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383514192.829220.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383514192.829220.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 1,437
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383514204.317097.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1383514204.317097.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1,446
I saw something on the internet a few weeks ago thinking that BBC meant British Broadcasting. I am now very weary of the abbreviation BBC. :lol:

I didn't watch the 2 videos-but I know they used the Phantom on BBC's Top Gear show.
Saw Jeremy Clarkson, in an episode in Africa, pull one out of a Pelican Case, place it on top of the case, fire it up, and was shooting video of some river they were trying to cross.

I thought at the time I saw the show-that's a pretty nice piece of kit. Now, I learn it's the DJI Phantom....and, I'm gonna buy one!!!

havasuphoto said:
I didn't watch the 2 videos-but I know they used the Phantom on BBC's Top Gear show.
Saw Jeremy Clarkson, in an episode in Africa, pull one out of a Pelican Case, place it on top of the case, fire it up, and was shooting video of some river they were trying to cross.

I thought at the time I saw the show-that's a pretty nice piece of kit. Now, I learn it's the DJI Phantom....and, I'm gonna buy one!!!

The model used in Top Gear was rather more sophisticated (and expensive) than a Phantom. From memory, it was at least a hex or possibly an octocopter.

gDallasK said:
havasuphoto said:

The model used in Top Gear was rather more sophisticated (and expensive) than a Phantom. From memory, it was at least a hex or possibly an octocopter.
Your probably right-considering it was probably filmed more than a year ago-and the Phantom wasn't even out yet. But, I thought it interesting that with the advances in controls(GPS), etc., the "presenter" was easily able to fly it around.

"It was interesting to see the Africa special Top Gear this week reveal their Octacopter (DJI S800) and to see it was a GH2 on the Zenmuse."

lol sounds like Jeremy must have welded on 2 more arms/motors/ESC's, which wouldn't surprise me at all :lol:

OI Photography said:
"It was interesting to see the Africa special Top Gear this week reveal their Octacopter (DJI S800) and to see it was a GH2 on the Zenmuse."

lol sounds like Jeremy must have welded on 2 more arms/motors/ESC's, which wouldn't surprise me at all :lol:
Don't forget the bigger engines; "Power....need more Power!!!!"

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dosserdd