Batterys

Reaction score
Hi

Are Phantom battery's cross changeable ( phantom 3 can be use in 2 etc ) I see prices from £60 for a phantom 3 battery up to £100 for a phantom 2 ( mine !!)
I believe the 3,4 phantoms have higher voltage ,so maybe not possible . Phatom 2 batterys seems scarce now , which may be why more expensive as the cant be a better battery than 3 ,s and 4,s

Thanks for answer . Does that mean Phantom 2 vision /vision plus will not work either ?

You ever consider aftermarket?

I bought this one last week and it seems to be fine. The seller has good feedback and the battery reports correct mAh, voltage, and cells are balanced. I've flown with it and there are no issues. But it's definitely aftermarket. The photos in the listing are of a legit DJI battery, but the battery is not legit DJI.

Seller is in CA. Buy and use at your own risk.

NEW 11.1V 5200mAh Intelligent Drone LIPO Battery for DJI Phantom 2 Vision | eBay

You ever consider aftermarket?

I bought this one last week and it seems to be fine. The seller has good feedback and the battery reports correct mAh, voltage, and cells are balanced. I've flown with it and there are no issues. But it's definitely aftermarket. The photos in the listing are of a legit DJI battery, but the battery is not legit DJI.

Seller is in CA. Buy and use at your own risk.

NEW 11.1V 5200mAh Intelligent Drone LIPO Battery for DJI Phantom 2 Vision | eBay
Thanks Mark , unfortunately he does not ship to UK

Thanks Mark , unfortunately he does not ship to UK

Type in 5400mAh batteries for phantom 2 in ebay.co.uk. There are all kinds of batteries for P2's listed there.

Reactions: Davon
Did you find any decent batteries in the UK?
I'm looking for one myself and it looks like they're around the £50 mark. I'm guessing you can't update them through the software as they aren't genuine?
Does this have any effect/reliability issues at all?
What do the updates do exactly?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Did you find any decent batteries in the UK?
I'm looking for one myself and it looks like they're around the £50 mark. I'm guessing you can't update them through the software as they aren't genuine?
Does this have any effect/reliability issues at all?
What do the updates do exactly?

The genuine batteries cannot be updated.

Oh, I'd had thought it'd be the other way round if anything :-/ So what does the update for the clone batteries actually do?

Oh, I'd had thought it'd be the other way round if anything :-/ So what does the update for the clone batteries actually do?

It's as simple as this there are no battery updates other then what DJI has done to the batteries during the manufacturing process. Back in either late 2014 or early 2015 there was a battery update v2.6 which used to update all my batteries but for some reason DJI pulled it without explanation and it was never replaced.

Look aftermarket batteries will work and are cheaper then OEM but the smart boards in these batteries are not perfect so it 's buy beware.

Sorry I have not purchased as yet .
Are the P2 vision batterys the same as standard P2 , and can i fit a 6000 mAh 11.1v instead of a 5200 mAh 11,1v

Sorry I have not purchased as yet .
Are the P2 vision batterys the same as standard P2 , and can i fit a 6000 mAh 11.1v instead of a 5200 mAh 11,1v

You can use 6000 mAh battery in place of DJI battery if you can find one for half the price of the original. There is only one dealer that sells such a battery and it it cost as much as the original. www.limefuel.com Other then that supplier 6000 mAh are hard to find in the $50 - $70 range now there plenty of 5400 mAh batteries on ebay in the $50 - $70 range. I do not suggest you buy directly from China as many charge shipping let alone it takes more then a month to receive them then there's the cost to returning them if damaged or not working.

Thanks Jason . I will stick to 5400 mAh I think . One final point - are the p2 batterys identical to p2 vision . ? I trust they are as vision only means camera , i.e. the quad is the same

Thanks Jason . I will stick to 5400 mAh I think . One final point - are the p2 batterys identical to p2 vision . ? I trust they are as vision only means camera , i.e. the quad is the same

There's no difference between the two the models same battery works in both.

What does "fully decoded" mean?

When buying none genuine batteries a lot of them quote" fully decoded" that's why i asked the question being as this thread is about batteries i thought it might had being an obvious question as i'm sure others would had being wondering the same?

When buying none genuine batteries a lot of them quote" fully decoded" that's why i asked the question being as this thread is about batteries i thought it might had being an obvious question as i'm sure others would had being wondering the same?

If by "fully decoded" you mean that they the latest firmware the yes they do. Personally I have never seen the terminology printed on the batteries and the only to see if they have the latest firmware is to check upgrades stats. On the labeling the battery model number should be PH2 and it's doubtful you will see any battery updates in the future. You may have to rely on aftermarket batteries or modify your crafts system and use standard lipo batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj