Battery Won't Power Phantom 4

MBD

Reaction score
Santa got me a P4 for Christmas, which I am just getting around to using because I've been recovering from an injury and surgery. Took it out yesterday and found that one of the batteries (fully charged) will not power up the drone. Back in Dec. before I actually got a chance to use it, I did all the firmware updates and had it ready to go. As a possible fix, I thought I would try to do the firmware update on this one battery again but apparently I deleted the firmware files on the sd card. Can someone tell me where I can get those files to put back on the card? I can't seem to find them on the DJI website. Or - give me other possible suggestions for my battery?

Thanks!

The firmware can only be installed from the DJI GO app. If the battery needs to be updated, you'll see a prompt on the main screen of DJI GO (before entering the camera view).

Do your other batteries work? What happens when you try to use the battery that's not working? Please be as detailed as possible.

I did not see the "battery needs updated" prompt. All green lights are on on the battery. I recharged it just to make sure it was really charged. However, the power to the drone doesn't come on. The camera doesn't come on, there is no power up noise, the controller says it's disconnected. The other two batteries I have work fine.

When the battery is not in your Phantom, what happens when you press the battery button once? What happens when you try to power on the battery?

If I press it once, all lights come on and then go off after a few seconds. If I power on the battery (pressing twice) all lights come on and stay on.

When the battery is in your Phantom, do all lights come on and stay on when powering it on?

You should contact DJI support and get it replaced.

Hey guys, I'm having a problem with my newly bought phantom 4.

I put the battery to charge a few hours ago but when unplugging it and pushing the power button, the lights won't come on. Same thing happens when I plug it into the bird.

The charger seems fine as it charges the controller. Anyone faced a similar situation? Do you think it's a battery defect?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik