Battery will not turn off - Phantom 4

Reaction score
I recently bought the Phantom 4 and I am loving it! However the last few flights I've been having issues turning the battery of the drone off after the flight. The first time I waited 10 minutes and eventually pulled the battery out and after 5 minutes it allowed me to turn it off. This happened again, then the 3rd time I thought maybe it needs the battery to cool itself off before turning off so I left it a white and it let me switch it off after about 5-10 minutes. However it has happened again and i left it for about 10-15 minutes and still wouldn't let me switch it off so I had to pull it out again and after about 5 minutes I could turn it off again once it was out of the drone. I don't like pulling the battery out while it's on (I know is not recommended). But when on location I don't really have the time always to wait for it. Why is this happening? Is there something I can do so this doesn't keep on happening.

Is it the same battery doing this? Are you sure you are doing the proper procedure to turn off the battery?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Not sure the problem is the battery itself, especially if you confirm the 2 center leds of the battery are not abnormally solely on. Could be verified by using another battery but apparently you don't have? Assuming that all the flight control systems are normally doing shutdown after you have told the battery, it's maybe the MicroSD card of the craft: you might want reformat or use another MicroSD card as maybe the P4 is trying to resolve some corrupted file before shutdown. Just a guess because should not take so long as you experienced, but you might want have a try.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Taking a short video of the procedure and the error, and post it here would help to resolve this issue .

Is it the same battery doing this? Are you sure you are doing the proper procedure to turn off the battery?

Yes it's the same battery. I believe I'm doing it right. Once the drone is shut down I tap the button on the battery and then again and hold. But I doesn't even acknowledge that I'm pressing it.

Not sure the problem is the battery itself, especially if you confirm the 2 center leds of the battery are not abnormally solely on. Could be verified by using another battery but apparently you don't have? Assuming that all the flight control systems are normally doing shutdown after you have told the battery, it's maybe the MicroSD card of the craft: you might want reformat or use another MicroSD card as maybe the P4 is trying to resolve some corrupted file before shutdown. Just a guess because should not take so long as you experienced, but you might want have a try.

Thanks Remy, I'll give that a go. Didn't think the SD card could be the culprit, but it's an eased one to try.

Just found similar issue after investigating this for you, look
:
Professional - Battery Issues / Phantom 3 won't power down

Thanks Remy, you found more than I could find. Hoping is not a defective battery. I've flown many times without any issues. Only recently it's been happening. Still want to try the formatting of the SD card. See if it works. I tried tonight but thought I could do it with the app but couldn't find how. It was empty but not formatted.

Thanks Remy, you found more than I could find. Hoping is not a defective battery. I've flown many times without any issues. Only recently it's been happening. Still want to try the formatting of the SD card. See if it works. I tried tonight but thought I could do it with the app but couldn't find how. It was empty but not formatted.
---------------------
Just tried formatting the SD card and it still won't power down. Not sure whether to let the juice run out our pull it out :(

Thanks for feedback.
Definitively recommend you try with another battery or buy another one which is nice to have anyway - while you submit case to vendor or DJI support because flying with possible defective battery is risky. Also highly recommended to share with them short video showing fact and confirm issue.
By the way, DJI has issued different batches of these batteries:
1) does this battery has very bright leds or not? If unsure google to find some picture and try to compare, its about 30% difference
2) can you confirm in Go App battery section there is none battery related error reported.

Sorry for asking all these questions but these info might help others in the future.

Thanks for feedback.
Definitively recommend you try with another battery or buy another one which is nice to have anyway - while you submit case to vendor or DJI support because flying with possible defective battery is risky. Also highly recommended to share with them short video showing fact and confirm issue.
By the way, DJI has issued different batches of these batteries:
1) does this battery has very bright leds or not? If unsure google to find some picture and try to compare, its about 30% difference
2) can you confirm in Go App battery section there is none battery related error reported.

Sorry for asking all these questions but these info might help others in the future.

Thanks Remy,
I ended up trying IM'ing with dji's helpdesk in China and they gave me the details of the LA.
The lights are the brighter of the two in the video you posted. And the helpdesk lady confirmed the battery on the Go App appeared to be normal.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj