Battery wiggles?

My replacement Phantom had a battery installed with the brighter LEDs and it had fully updated firmware. So I guess the new brighter LEDs are the new norm?

To my knowledge there is no battery firmware update yet. Just the LEDS are different

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I was surprised that I didn't notice anyone mention in this thread the fact that many of the P4 crashes reported resulted in the batteries being ejected. I recall some of these incidents being reported as minor in nature with the owners making mention of their surprise to seeing the battery lying on the ground next to their bird. This topic definitely needs some further watching.

Reactions: Jussaguy
I got my extra batteries as part of the extra two batteries deal from an official DJI dealer, the batteries arrived after 10 days or so as there seems to have been a shortage of them. My batteries look the same as the original, just thought I'd mention this for comparison. Battery serials on mine posted above.
Maybe the UK line is a different one? Or maybe your original one never had the matte finish on the lights.

The lights again, I don't care about. If you look at one with the matte finish and one with the clear finish which shows a non-uniform and more evenly spread out light, it's easy to see without the bat lit up. The matte one, you can see is perfectly distributed even when off while the "brighter" one you literally see the LEDs and they are not even uniform when off. That is how you tell the difference on that but the lights are exactly the same.

As for whether or not they wiggle, its a crap shoot. I have two so far that don't.

To my knowledge there is no battery firmware update yet. Just the LEDS are different

No, the LEDs are not different! The plastic on top of them is and that is all.

I don't know how many times I have to keep saying this before people get it.

I am reluctantly going to start a new thread to draw attention to this. It's a non-issue unless you guys care about the fact that the product line changed that plastic.

No, the LEDs are not different! The plastic on top of them is and that is all.

I don't know how many times I have to keep saying this before people get it.

I am reluctantly going to start a new thread to draw attention to this. It's a non-issue unless you guys care about the fact that the product line changed that plastic.

Please be CONCISE if you start a new thread and people may get it.

You ramble so much that people stop reading long before they get the one or two points that you are trying to make.

You often share very valuable information or make valid conclusions, yet ruin or obscure it with totally extraneous unnecessary information.

Thanks for the info on the LEDs and the batteries. I DID read all of it....;)

Reactions: dirkclod and Myetkt
Please be CONCISE if you start a new thread and people may get it.

You ramble so much that people stop reading long before they get the one or two points that you are trying to make.

You often share very valuable information or make valid conclusions, yet ruin or obscure it with totally extraneous unnecessary information.

Thanks for the info on the LEDs and the batteries. I DID read all of it....;)
Thanks for the advice but I am not here to serve people.

I admittedly ramble and am long winded and if I am making a prospectus to try and get 2 million dollars from a perspective investor, I'll spend hours, days, and even months doing it. When it comes to this, I am doing a public service and trying to help you guys out. I already went to an engineer, studied the issue and have come up with a correct response.

If someone doesn't want to take the trouble to read an extra paragraph because I am not making it concise enough for them, I really REALLY don't care too much. If this was one of my sites, I might spend a little more time on it as it represents my work. I say that with all due respect but I am doing my best to help out myself and you guys and if it's not good enough, I am sorry.

A thank you would do just fine, or nothing at all would be just fine too. If people complain when I am trying to help (and I don't claim to have all the answers) then I'll just stop trying to help.

Thanks for the advice but I am not here to serve people.

I admittedly ramble and am long winded and if I am making a prospectus to try and get 2 million dollars from a perspective investor, I'll spend hours, days, and even months doing it. When it comes to this, I am doing a public service and trying to help you guys out. I already went to an engineer, studied the issue and have come up with a correct response.

If someone doesn't want to take the trouble to read an extra paragraph because I am not making it concise enough for them, I really REALLY don't care too much. If this was one of my sites, I might spend a little more time on it as it represents my work. I say that with all due respect but I am doing my best to help out myself and you guys and if it's not good enough, I am sorry.

A thank you would do just fine, or nothing at all would be just fine too. If people complain when I am trying to help (and I don't claim to have all the answers) then I'll just stop trying to help.

I was attempting to be nice and help you out without being rude or condescending.

Just picked 2 batteries from Apple Store. Both say Part7 and are newer ones. Time will tell if they fit

Ones from Apple fit perfect and they were nice enough to match the DJI promotion after I explained the hassle. So these jacked up ones are going back to DJI. I'll never order directly from DJI again.

well then things get a little more confusing. Typical DJI I guess.
All of my bats, including the new ones say part 7.

On the video where I mentioned your part number notice, I accidently used the wrong part number. I said S4 and 54.

I was attempting to be nice and help you out without being rude or condescending.
I'm sorry if you thought I was snapping. I didn't take what you said as rude or condescending, was just giving you my feelings about it. All good baby.

I was surprised that I didn't notice anyone mention in this thread the fact that many of the P4 crashes reported resulted in the batteries being ejected. I recall some of these incidents being reported as minor in nature with the owners making mention of their surprise to seeing the battery lying on the ground next to their bird. This topic definitely needs some further watching.
My guess is on those, people figured the batteries were seated when they weren't. It's not difficult with these "new" ones to not put them in right if you don't check.

My replacement Phantom had a battery installed with the brighter LEDs and it had fully updated firmware. So I guess the new brighter LEDs are the new norm?
The brighter ones are just because of a newer plastic around the LEDs. It's not an issue at all.

I feel like I'm screaming this from the roof tops.

Local Apple store has the OLD and NEW type in stock...Got 3 already, not in budget to get more, would like to...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1