Battery wiggles?

Reaction score
I just had a couple new batteries come in and now not only do I have the LED brightness issue which was just a consistency concern, I now have a concern of safety.

All of the new batteries that just came in do not slip in to place like ones I currently have.

I can take one finger and push my other batteries in and they snap right in and dont even have a nano-inch of movement.

The new batteries, if I don't take extra special care snapping it in, it will have a large gap on the bottom and I am almost certain would fall out mid-flight. I can manage to get it in and hold in place using two hands and making sure it's perfectly flush but even then it has some wiggle movement that my good bats don't have. It seems locked that it wouldn't be a problem but it's not the safest feeling in the world.

Now this is on 4 batteries. I remember reading, at least a couple times of people with this issue, but I brushed it off as usual until it happens to you.

I called DJI and they told me to make a video of it and send it to them and I did. I might post the vid on YouTube and if I do, I'll post it here later but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. Anyhow, these are being replaced by DJI so no harm but still, so much strangeness!

Dude same exact [emoji20][emoji846] thing going on here!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Best way to install batteries is pushing em in, or holding the two buttons and pushing them home? Mine are very difficult to push in till they click. I do notice a slight gap when they're in, but they're definitely in tight (I make sure!). I'll check tomorrow for any deviation between how well my new ones go in compared to the one that came with it. I wish there was no gap though as it has been a concern from day one for me.

I watched a video by another poster on here earlier today where he could release his battery with only one finger on the upper catch switch - that looked well dodgy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: Jussaguy
Best way to install batteries is pushing em in, or holding the two buttons and pushing them home? Mine are very difficult to push in till they click. I do notice a slight gap when they're in, but they're definitely in tight (I make sure!). I'll check tomorrow for any deviation between how well my new ones go in compared to the one that came with it. I wish there was no gap though as it has been a concern from day one for me.

I watched a video by another poster on here earlier today where he could release his battery with only one finger on the upper catch switch - that looked well dodgy!
I just made a 6 minute video to send to DJI R&D upon their request.

I am sending it to them now.

When I am done, I will post that video here.

I just talked to DJI. They want me to send a video, they will send to their tech support, if approved they will create a RMA. I sent back the batteries then they send new ones. Takes 3-4 weeks total. WHAT IN THE F. That's some of the worst customer service ever.

Please post your YouTube link. Very curious.

I just made a 6 minute video to send to DJI R&D upon their request.

I am sending it to them now.

When I am done, I will post that video here.

Just checked my batteries, new and old, all seem to fit the same, slight gap, tiny wiggle in and out and a slight wiggle up and down, all the same and all the same brightness. They're still a snug fit and locks definitely keeping them well in place.

My old batts serial number 082AD3, New ones starting with 082AD4. Be worth noting which are good/bad batteries.

I just talked to DJI. They want me to send a video, they will send to their tech support, if approved they will create a RMA. I sent back the batteries then they send new ones. Takes 3-4 weeks total. WHAT IN THE F. That's some of the worst customer service ever.

Don't get me started. I'm just now starting to calm down.

Reactions: John N Kronyak
Ive got the same problem too. I just took delivery of two spare batteries that i used two different half price codes for. The first battery came FedEx from China and the 2nd one came FedEx from i think GA! both neither have a positive "click" and have movement.

Wonder if all the people that got the half price code batteries were shipped batteries that weren't upto 100% quality control wise that DJI didn't know what to do with!?

my video

**** it didn't mean to post it twice lol. Just so furious

**** it didn't mean to post it twice lol. Just so furious

Don't be furious. Perspective. It's just a thing.

I'm on my way to pick up my daughter from child care and I am going to visit my friend at Drone's Plus who is one of their best engineers. I will report back his thoughts on it in a couple hours.

Have people with this issue flown with them?

I would place a bet that most of the "my bird just fell out of the sky" people were people that didn't check the battery well before sending it up. If not seated properly, even if it doesn't fall off, if it loses connection to just one pin, BYE BYE. It doesn't need to fall out.

The movement is a legit concern and anyone that comes in and says "dont you people just fly", please just keep it to yourself. Yes we do, and we would like to keep it that way.

my video

Mine don't even click in like that, i have to press the top and bottom buttons to get them to actually Click IN!

Don't be furious. Perspective. It's just a thing.

I'm on my way to pick up my daughter from child care and I am going to visit my friend at Drone's Plus who is one of their best engineers. I will report back his thoughts on it in a couple hours.

Have people with this issue flown with them?

I would place a bet that most of the "my bird just fell out of the sky" people were people that didn't check the battery well before sending it up. If not seated properly, even if it doesn't fall off, if it loses connection to just one pin, BYE BYE. It doesn't need to fall out.

The movement is a legit concern and anyone that comes in and says "dont you people just fly", please just keep it to yourself. Yes we do, and we would like to keep it that way.
I put mine up in the air with autopilot and it seemed to fly well I'm just concerned

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

edit: removed poinltless top bit :( sorry didn't think people got so worked up.

However, this is troubling.... maybe you could use some double sided tape foam and leave one side with the wrap on....or if you can find it single sided tape foam?... just applied on the battery side...I wouldn't be happy with that gap/looseness though.

Last edited:
So your post was pointless. Moving on.

Reactions: fcat
Just left Drones Plus and my boy gave me answers.

Mostly good. Will post when I'm home exactly what he said.

*Im only posting the pic because of the inherent skepticism around here.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    927.5 KB · Views: 414
Holy mackerel do you guys actually fly or do you just sit on the Internet and discuss flying? Who cares about the wiggle room, DJI I'm sure like all electronic manufactures incrementally tweak their products based on feedback or have different suppliers who's parts are perform within tolerance but might look different but damm, every other post on this forum lately just seem like OMG OMG OMG

Everyone wants their extra battery to ship from China in 3days AND they want availability because everyone wants at least 2. How do you think DJI is able to react to all those constraints?. Just enjoy your product, go outside and create something beautiful and stop worrying if it has a gap.

:) ;) :innocent:

But seriously... this is troubling.... maybe you could use some double sided tape foam and leave one side with the wrap on....or if you can find it single sided tape foam?... just applied on the battery side...I wouldn't be happy with that gap though - seems too lose.
Dude, I like you, so I say this with a TON of conviction.

First, you posted the same thing with the brightness issue which, by the way I have a definitive answer on, no issues there AT ALL. Will explain when I get home.

But if you "fly with a gap" you are risking your bird and everyone under it. Nobody here is suggesting flying with a gap and if you do, whoever you are, directed at nobody, you're an idiot and shouldn't operate a toaster let alone a flying machine.

This issue isn't a gap, it's a small wiggle. If there is a gap, you haven't installed the battery and if one single pin disconnects, bye bye birdie.

The issue here is the wiggle room and if it can lead to more problems. I didn't want to post this now but had to correct that info in case someone saw it and said "I have a gap, he says it's safe".

DO NOT FLY WITH A GAP!!!!!

Dude, I like you, so I say this with a TON of conviction.

First, you posted the same thing with the brightness issue which, by the way I have a definitive answer on, no issues there AT ALL. Will explain when I get home.

But if you "fly with a gap" you are risking your bird and everyone under it. Nobody here is suggesting flying with a gap and if you do, whoever you are, directed at nobody, you're an idiot and shouldn't operate a toaster let alone a flying machine.

This issue isn't a gap, it's a small wiggle. If there is a gap, you haven't installed the battery and if one single pin disconnects, bye bye birdie.

The issue here is the wiggle room and if it can lead to more problems. I didn't want to post this now but had to correct that info in case someone saw it and said "I have a gap, he says it's safe".

DO NOT FLY WITH A GAP!!!!!

Lol that wasn't me man in the orginal one, I copied it from the guy who posted in the battery led light issue - cause I thought it was funny how it got you so worked up - notice the smiley faces at the end!!! :) ;) :D:sunglasses:

Edit: iv deleted it - people didnt think it was funny,

Everyone does need to relax around here :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers