Battery warnings and what not

Reaction score
I have my P4 set to warm me when the battery hits 30 percent and critical warning at 10 percent. The other day while flying I was flying low about 15 feet and doing figure 8s trying to get the battery percentage down to 10 percent to see what it does. Well when it hit around 16 percent a message popped up telling me battery is low and it would land, also gave me an option to cancel the force land but I seen the message too late since I was watching the bird so it auto landed. Is there a way to change this? Say I set my P4 to warn me at 20 percent, will it still try to auto land at 16 percent? What would happen if I set it to warn me at 15 percent? How does this work? I'm not too worried about having adequate time to get my P4 back since I don't fly far at all. The farthest I've flown from me was probably 100 yards at most.

Turn off Smart Return Home, which can be triggered at any % . It will autoland if you are within 20 meters of the Home Point!

Turn off Smart Return Home, which can be triggered at any % . It will autoland if you are within 20 meters of the Home Point!
I wouldn't turn it off, just be aware of its function and the fact it could be overwritten.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ok thank you. I wasn't too sure about smart return home
Keep in mind there's a total of 3 low battery messages. The first two you mentioned that you had set at 30% and 10%. Which are good numbers, I have mine set for exactly same for myself. The first is just an audible warning that's based on user preferences and the 10% is critical where it will land where it's at at the moment. The third one which is probably the one you are referring to is the Smart return to home which brings the craft back home based on its internal metrics as it relates to battery percent.

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20