Battery warning

Reaction score
I have flown my Phantom probably thirty or so times with almost zero problems. One thing that has happened is I have gotten a warning that says something like: battery connection failure, fly with caution. The warning stayed there for just a few moments then went away. The battery level indicator was constant and nothing else strange happened on that flight nor another flight where I got this warning. On subsequent flights with the same battery no such warning occurred. Has anyone else experienced this or knows what is going on?

Typically this is a break in communication from the "smart" battery. Check the contact pins (two round pins depicted below) in the bird and the contact pads on the battery for any gunk. Periodic cleaning of either will be required to reduce like issues. Also make sure your bird's contact pins depress easily into the assembly, dirt or sand could imped its action.

Some people use an erasure to clean the pads and then others will use an electronic's grade contact cleaner applied by cotton swab. Just use common sense.

dji-p2-06-big.jpg

Thank you very much for taking the time to answer my question. I will certainly do as you suggest.

I just noticed that when using a magnifying glass the pins you refer to are slightly pitted on the very end that contacts the pad. There is also very slight pitting on the contact pad. Do you know if this is normal?

My eyes are poor, but looking through a 10x loop I see points on the pins. I believe there to be 3-4 per a pin. My theory, since I can't see otherwise, is that they are designed to bite into the pads to reduce wear based on the birds vibration.

If literal pitting, I suspect the pins are drilling into the pads which could create a contact issue. Crud filling in these holes, as any example, could allow the pins to ride further off the pads. Causing a poor connection.

Anything could be the source of issues, but cleaning these contacts will eliminate one variable from the equation. Another effort I made, was to rotate the pins a few degrees to establish another contact surface on the pads.

Just sharing my solution to what I saw and experienced. YMMV, good luck!

Well you definitely answered my question. I could not tell if the pins were manufactured that way or it was due to poor contact, etc. From your description your pins are the same as mine so the irregularities are a design and not an aberration. Again many thanks for your help. Are you connected with helipal or did you just use their photo? I checked out their site in any case.

was it battery "current discharge" error? or battery connection?

As others have said give it a clean, also the 2 gold data pins on the terminal, make sure they push in/spring out by themselves.

if its the battery connection a good clean should hopefully fix it.. I think I have had that a while back.. havne't seen it since....
If its a current discharge warning its due to something else..... :/

azisbest said:
Are you connected with helipal or did you just use their photo?

No...I'm a copyright thief..first image found on Google....I'm fairly sure they don't mind..you did what they wanted.

Happy - I'd argue your statement about springs, but since we're talking about DJI, then I agree with your statement. :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1