Battery warning light?

Reaction score
Hi guys

One very frustrated phantom owner here! I have 12 new battery's all less than 2 months old and very little use?

My phantom is giving me a battery warning light (red flashing) as soon as I take off? ALL battery's are charged and are not faulty I have a meter to shown me all cells and it gives me percent ? I've been flying the quad since it came out in January and only now am I having the problems?

I must add that these are dji stock batteries !

Hope you can help

Kind regards Paul

Calibrate battery in naza software would be the first thing I would do. Make sure that the voltage shown in the naza software matched what you meter shows the battery voltage at. After that make adjustments to the first and second warning levels.

paulbunyard said:
Thanks for reply Ruff I neglected to say that I'd already done the calibrations.

that's really bizarre.
obviously something is going on in the NAZA to make it think the voltage is lower.
have you tried changing the failsafe levels a little bit?

OI Photography said:
Paul, what if you start the motors but don't take off...how long until you see the red flashing light? (assuming fresh battery)

I've not timed it but it sits quite happily on a single green until you take off? then she red lights?

paulbunyard said:
OI Photography said:
Paul, what if you start the motors but don't take off...how long until you see the red flashing light? (assuming fresh battery)

I've not timed it but it sits quite happily on a single green until you take off? then she red lights?

Just take off a foot off the ground and see how long it last, if several minutes then perhaps you need to adjust the voltage settings. If it lands itself in less than 30 seconds or so;

Remove the props then start the motors to see if the RED led still come on at half stick, if so the motors or the esc is defective so much so that it pulls the voltage down to trip the low voltage RED led.
If one or more cells in the pack are bad, then you will almost always get the RED led!

Are you flying stock or carry video gears too?

netphreak said:
Which charger are you using? Do you have a battery checker that can read all three cells? Sounds like you might have unbalanced your batteries.

Hi Thanks for replying I'm using the standard charger that came with it? I have a battery checker it says all batteries are good and are at 98% ?

Regards Paul

I would check to make sure that the X3 cable is plugged in from motherboard to the Naza properly.

Also, update firmware and download and "tools" "Import settings" to reload the Phantom settings (dji.com) from the DJI Assistant.

Do you have the H3-2D motherboard or stock motherboard from DJI?

paulbunyard said:
netphreak said:
Which charger are you using? Do you have a battery checker that can read all three cells? Sounds like you might have unbalanced your batteries.

Hi Thanks for replying I'm using the standard charger that came with it? I have a battery checker it says all batteries are good and are at 98% ?

Regards Paul

Can you check each cell too? Make sure they're only off by 0.01 volts.

netphreak said:
paulbunyard said:
netphreak said:

Regards Paul

Can you check each cell too? Make sure they're only off by 0.01 volts.

Hi I'm sorry about the long delay in replying to this post,

I've attached an image of the cell readings including the total voltage? and software report! hope this helps?

Many thanks
Paul

Attachments

• photo23 copy.jpg
    photo23 copy.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 416
So today I received an in depth reply from DJI Support

:eek:)

Attachments

• BbDlDGhIUAEUs.jpg
    BbDlDGhIUAEUs.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 398
At least it was definitive. Was that Chienglish?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20