Battery warning for older non-updatable batteries.

Reaction score
This is a an info/warning, disregard at your own risk.

I have the P2 Vision (first model) firmware 3.08
App Android 1.0.54

I've had 2 instances now when I've charged the batteries up but didn't fly right away. Almost 2 weeks went by before i flew them, and with no way to discharge with a charger, i think the batteries get stale and they seem to lose their ability to read the charge and report it accurately (especially, as it is being depleted)

Note: This has never happened to me when i fly within a day or so of charging.

Two batteries both went from over 50% all the way down to 8 and 10% within a second or two.
Claxton and warnings and auto-go home were enabled and both deployed successfully,
At one point it went straight to auto-land (it was directly above homepoint.) Only Atti mode saved me crashing into the tree tops.

So if you do not use batteries that are charged and you do not have auto-discharge feature, BEWARE.

This is the 2nd such event that Iv'e had with these batteries.... SO FAR, I've been lucky.

Reactions: Intruder101
That sounds very familiar. And it would explain a lot of weird behavior. @TheCif had some weird stuff like that...

Thanks a lot for the post.

The Proprietary DJI batteries are the only reason I would not recommend certain DJI products or buy any other device with a proprietary battery only configuration.

I have 4 Phantom batteries that I cannot easily maintain. I so regret buying my phantom :(

Once bitten, twice shy!

Reactions: SFXD

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20