Battery voltage drops a bit fast

Reaction score
I just got a Phantom 3 Advanced from E Bay everything looks fine, he said only used a short time, sure enough the battery says it been charged twice only.

The problem is it wont stay at 100% for very long, just setting it up and calibrating it on the table takes it down to 80% and it is not flying, not sure if i will even fly it now.

Also is there anyway i can use my Lipo Charger i have for Planes to charge this Battery in the field, you can get leads for it , i have seen some charging using this, any advice would be great, thanks.

C Cabunag

It may have had only two full cycles, but the battery may have had many small top ups which don't appear as full charge cycles on the app. The battery shouldn't be dropping that quickly whilst it is sitting there. I would be reluctant to put the drone in the air until you are satisfied it won't fail mid flight.
As for using another charger to top up the batteries in the field, it would need to the same output as the 17.5vdc 5.7A supplied by dji. Either get a dji car charger or an invertor that you can plug into a lighter or clip onto your battery?

Thanks for that i will make a video just to show the problem and this time i will time it, dont think i will take the chance of flying it, for all i know it could be one of those cheap
batteries you get online, i did notice an error coming up with the battery, but only for a second then it went away. Not having much luck from E Bay the I Pad Mini i got for it
turned out to be the wrong model, and now the Phantom is suspect.

C. Cabunag

Charge it fully and fly it, nice and close where you can land safely (or allow the AC to perform and autoland) without incident. If you get reasonable flight time without cell balance issues all should be good.

Thanks for that i will make a video just to show the problem and this time i will time it, dont think i will take the chance of flying it, for all i know it could be one of those cheap
batteries you get online, i did notice an error coming up with the battery, but only for a second then it went away. Not having much luck from E Bay the I Pad Mini i got for it
turned out to be the wrong model, and now the Phantom is suspect.

C. Cabunag
Welcome..
If the iPad was not as described by the seller, then under eBay T&C's, they will support your claim and you have a the right to return it for a full refund.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl