Battery very very difficult to remove

Reaction score
One of my standard capacity batteries for my Phantom 4 Pro is extremely difficult to remove. It takes prolonged effort with both hands to remove it. My three other batteries come out with one hand (although one high capacity unit can be stubborn sometimes).

Anyone else experience this?

Two of my batteries are hard to remove. I now carry a small flat head screwdriver to carefully help get them out. The other one slides out easily.

Reactions: Rodee34
You may see some black areas on the batteries where it's rubbing. Place some white grease on these areas, just a very, very light coat (almost nothing).

One of my standard capacity batteries for my Phantom 4 Pro is extremely difficult to remove. It takes prolonged effort with both hands to remove it. My three other batteries come out with one hand (although one high capacity unit can be stubborn sometimes).

Anyone else experience this?
My high capacity battery has always needed the use of both hands to get it out and there has never been a really satisfying "CLICK" when replaced. Since I bought my second battery, a p4 battery, I now know how it should slide in and out. It was a little worrying, at first, but I'm happy now that the original battery is secure as long as it's given a good push.

My first p4p the batteries from my old P4 and the new high capacity where all very snug and needed both hands to remove, the new p4p DJI sent me to replace my faulty p4p the all the batteries are a nice fit and can be removed with one hand, they must have changed the battery compartment size a bit on the later p4p's also the later one does not have the high pitch whine

My high capacity battery has always needed the use of both hands to get it out and there has never been a really satisfying "CLICK" when replaced. Since I bought my second battery, a p4 battery, I now know how it should slide in and out. It was a little worrying, at first, but I'm happy now that the original battery is secure as long as it's given a good push.

I'd really prefer it if there was a locking pin for the batts. One like this. But made of high quality plastic, no chain ring.

On the Mavic Pro, the 'click' is pretty good on both sides. Having the battery top mounted is really reassuring too.

We're all one flight away from bad Karma.

Mine has always been difficult to remove since I've owned it and the two HC batteries I got later are equally difficult. Still as others have said, better that than having it fall from the sky battery first.

I've had the opposite happen to me...I sent dji a note. Note sure I'm comfortable flying with it like this..

Actually, I have both issues mentioned in this thread. Battery doesn't fit properly and also it is hard to remove it from aircraft. I have never been able to remove the battery with one hand.

Dealing with DJI is painful...they came back and said they don't fit because I'm using the wrong batteries. Hahahaha

In the video I show using both phantom 4 and phantom 4 pro batteries. Neither fit properly.

Reactions: OOO
I know no one wants a battery comming out while flying otherwise its "over red rover" now I find the way for the best fit on my P4. While holding clips in press in firmly having firm pressure on alternate edges of battery.

We posted this on are site showing how loose many of the pro batteries are and and one of the reasons why water gets in the battery so quickly as does the cold air.

We solved this issue using the Phantom Rain Wet Suit and secured the battery with the Wet Suit.
Approved Vendor:
Phantomrain.org

My problem isn't the battery being loose in my P4. Both my batteries - the battery that came with the drone - is too tight. And when I say "tight" I'm saying that they are almost impossible to remove with both hands. Has there been any fix for this problem?

My problem isn't the battery being loose in my P4. Both my batteries - the battery that came with the drone - is too tight. And when I say "tight" I'm saying that they are almost impossible to remove with both hands. Has there been any fix for this problem?

Can you post a video of the battery and drone that has a very tight Battery that is difficult to come out.? Many of us would like to see that and help you get a replacement if needed and or make some good suggestions. Please post a video

Actually, I was just about to put up an update, solved post. I was searching videos and found this guy who said to put the TINIEST daub of white lithium grease down both "tracks" that are on the top sides of the battery. And I mean a MINUSCULE amount. I put the battery back in, and pulled it out. I still needed 2 hands to get it out, but NOTHING at all like it was before doing this.

The problem with that is having a loose battery is a much bigger threat to your drone , be careful with that, I would still like to see the video as that is just so rare.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spicehub