Battery Usage History

Reaction score
I'm using both Litchi and Go. Healthy Drones says I have charged my default battery 20 times. Yet both Litchi and Go says it's only been 7 charges. I tend to believe Healthy Drones since I know it has been more than 7 charges, just never counted it exactly myself. Healthy Drones do not track the other 2 batteries but it should be around the same amount of charges as the default battery. Has anyone experienced the same? Do you know why there is a difference? Going to discharge all 3 batteries to 8%. Then should I charge it back to 50% since I will not be using it for about 5 days?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I'm not sure how Healthy Drones tracks the times charged, but I know DJI GO only increments that number every time the battery is charged 100%. So, if you charge the battery from 50% to 100% today and again from 50% to 100% tomorrow, it'll increment that count by 1.

Going to discharge all 3 batteries to 8%. Then should I charge it back to 50% since I will not be using it for about 5 days?
Yes. Batteries should always be stored between 30%-65% charged. Just charge them up until the 3rd light starts blinking and you'll have them right where they need to be.

Healthy Drones seems to be counting the number of times the battery was put on the charger. DJI GO is counting the number of times the battery was charged to 100%. Assuming that's how Healthy Drones works, I'd say both counts could be trusted.

I do charge it to full each time. So if I go with DJI GO then I don't have to discharge to 8% just yet. With HD, I'd have to do it now. I'm sure it's not a hard threshold at 20 charges. Give or take a few. Is that correct? Just want to do this right.

Oddly enough, the Phantom manual and Battery Safety Guidelines no longer recommend cycling the batteries every 20 charges.

Reactions: Kima kim
You can download the Battery Safety Guidelines here. The Phantom manual is on the DJI GO P3P or P3A downloads page.

Yep you are correct. I didn't read anything about discharging it to 8%. I guess I don't have to worry about it then. Just keep it around 50% when not in use. Thanks again.

Yes, I think that's the recommended best practice now. There should be no need to cycle the battery unless the battery cells are really out of balance or DJI GO recommends you do it.

Reactions: Kima kim
Cycling batteries sounds like a throwback to NiCad pacs. Never heard of cycling lipos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31