Battery upgrades

Update I emailed ushobby(I got it through they're eBay channel) and am awaiting a reply to see what to do

Sucks it flew great 3 out of 5 times

I did try it indoors with the same results so the wind wasn't a factor

I wonder if weak motors would cause drifting????(I have seen it happen in smaller quadcopters)

I noticed my one in heavy winds was drifting and skipping when low to the ground. I think this had something to do with the GPS signal being affected as i was near large buildings either side. I powered up and though it was still fighting winds it stabilised... i did see the green lights flash red for a second, so id say that may have been your problem too. Not 100% sure but had no problems once it was say 10 feet up.

I got a email back from us hobby and will be getting contacted by the tech department

I flew it for my fifth flight and it barely made it off the ground and still wanted to drift(really bad)when it did make it off the ground

I haven't flown it since till I hear back from us hobby on what to do

I have done the Imu calibration to see if that had anything with it but no change

What got me was I have a strong GPS signal during the flight when it wanted to drift

general01 said:
Will this battery work?

http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-2700-mah- ... -xt60.html

Its plug and play and its higher capacity then the stock battery

I would use both batteries(use one then swap out) to get longer flight time though I foresee getting more of the same battery in the link if it works

Those seem to be some of the most popular batteries right now. They seem to have a good capacity/weight ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jermz said:
general01 said:
Will this battery work?

http://www.2dogrc.com/mad-dog-2700-mah- ... -xt60.html

Its plug and play and its higher capacity then the stock battery

I would use both batteries(use one then swap out) to get longer flight time though I foresee getting more of the same battery in the link if it works

Those seem to be some of the most popular batteries right now. They seem to have a good capacity/weight ratio.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks I will be getting some of those after I figure out why my phantom has decided to fly to the right on its own without any input
It was being a handful today during a test flight to see if it would fly right again(did a Imu calibration) no fix I have done the compass dance twice since I got it(once when I first flew it and after my third flight as it started drifting during that flight)

Sucks I have to keep it grounded but given how it did today I'm afraid to fly it again as it went head first into a hill after flipping over(I was going to test the GPS to see if it returned it to the previous position)
Thank goodness it didn't plow into something like my truck or the house

Needless to say I ain't happy

I am not sure if its a motor issue or the flight controller(thinking it may be the flight controller giving how it kept moving after I released the stick and had the remote in my hands the entire time)

I am kinda peeved at us hobby for not being much help with the issue :/

BMc said:
I bought a bunch of these batteries: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A ... UTF8&psc=1

Here is my current build weighing in at 2.8 pounds.
Phantom FC40
Carbon fiber anti-jello kit w/ front FPV mount plate used to relocate FC40 camera
Gopro Hero2 naked w/ DJI loop attachment mounted to carbon fiber anti-jello mount
Carbon fiber rear FPV mount plate used to mount Lipo alarm
bd0a196d-d1f2-4edb-9488-7986143f8164_zps9e193365.jpg

BMc 'question' do you have any videos you have posted with this setup, I'm looking at the same carbon fibre kit / w/ FPV bracket and go pro 2. Id love to see the results you have. :)

Ozhawk said:
BMc said:
I bought a bunch of these batteries: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0072A ... UTF8&psc=1

Phantom FC40
Carbon fiber anti-jello kit w/ front FPV mount plate used to relocate FC40 camera
Gopro Hero2 naked w/ DJI loop attachment mounted to carbon fiber anti-jello mount

BMc 'question' do you have any videos you have posted with this setup, I'm looking at the same carbon fibre kit / w/ FPV bracket and go pro 2. Id love to see the results you have. :)

He did its under the crash test dummy fc40 thread(nice indoor flight video)

I have made good experiences with the Robbe Roxxy EVO 2600 batteries. They add around 2-3 Minutes of flight time.

Unfortunatly, they are a bit bigger and really are a PITA to fit inside the Phantom.

My Jamara LipoStar Turbo 2500 adds around a minute flight time and fits nicely into the battery slot.

Ozhawk said:
BMc said:

Phantom FC40

Well hello, I have a few flights on my youtube channel and my latest one can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XrekZseIbc They are pretty boring. I put them up as a log of flight times, as reminders on flight 'moves' I need to practice etc.

Thanks!

Just managed 14 minutes at 40 degrees and a decent wind without auto land using a mad dog 2700 and authentic vision props... Now I just need to figure out the gains for the props.

jetdust said:
Has anybody thought of trying this battery.. Its for the x350 Pro is a 5200 and weighs 317g.. I don' think it will fit in the bay, but I'm sure it could be strapped below.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... 0_pro.html

I'm interested in trying a 5000ish mah battery as well.

Can someone please post a reliable link from where one can be purchased?

I've seen a lot online but am nervous about randomly selecting one - especially since many do not seem to have the proper XT60 connectors.

In terms of sliding into the phantom battery opening, it will not fit. Not even close. Length and width is nearly identical however the height of the battery is 42mm versus the 24mm if the stocker. All that said, this 5200 mAh battery is only 317 grams versus the 188 of the factory battery. This is a huge benefit in terms of capacity versus weight. I am running (2) 2200 Turnigy batteries totaling 376 grams while only netting 4400 mAh capacity. With this battery you save over 50 grams while netting 800 mAh more capacity. That's awesome. I may be ditching my dual battery setup including side mounting plates for a single, center mounted 5200 mAh battery.

BMc said:
In terms of sliding into the phantom battery opening, it will not fit. Not even close. Length and width is nearly identical however the height of the battery is 42mm versus the 24mm if the stocker. All that said, this 5200 mAh battery is only 317 grams versus the 188 of the factory battery. This is a huge benefit in terms of capacity versus weight. I am running (2) 2200 Turnigy batteries totaling 376 grams while only netting 4400 mAh capacity. With this battery you save over 50 grams while netting 800 mAh more capacity. That's awesome. I may be ditching my dual battery setup including side mounting plates for a single, center mounted 5200 mAh battery.

Heck I wouldn't mind strapping it to the bottom(provided I can keep the c.o.g correct and not hit the fc40 camera)as I have a teather unit on my phantom anyway(in case of possible flyaway because people in my area is more likely to pawn it then return it)

BMc said:
Ozhawk said:
BMc said:

Phantom FC40

Well hello, I have a few flights on my youtube channel and my latest one can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3XrekZseIbc They are pretty boring. I put them up as a log of flight times, as reminders on flight 'moves' I need to practice etc.

Thanks!

So what I did is take that NEEWER FPV under tray - and installed i backwards - and I velcro under it:

2 2200 mah stock batteries,
1 5400 mah Walkera, or
2 2700 mah Thunderpower batteries.

Best stability and flight time is from dual mounted 2 2200 stock batteries.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik