Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Battery Upgrade

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by ahmetkaragoz, Aug 8, 2015.

1. ahmetkaragoz

Hello Guys,

Can i install powerbank to my P3P.

http://www.mi.com/my/pb16000/. I found this powerbank very cheap and powerful. Weight is around 350g but capacity is almost 4 times bigger than regular dji battery.

Thanks,

2. REBELimgs

I'm guessing you don't know how batteries work...

3. JHammy123

4. RedHotPoker

No. That's not useful for your Phantom.

RedHotPoker

5. RoyVa

As they say thence concept is good but the functionality is not workable. You plug into the Phantom direct to the USB like that and she will blow the electronics. Phantoms USB is not for charging but is only used for communications to the assistant. Do not attempt it!

6. mohan

You need 14.8V at 4amps with 10c. Your powerbank is likely to have a 7.4v or 11.1v with a 1C battery. Even if you dismantled your powerbankl the cells won't be useful. I have done a powermod and flown thousands of feet. The sweet spot beween weight and flight time is a very fine line. Add any weight over 300g and your flight time drops dramatically

bimmy likes this.
  7. VoicOfReason

A powermod? Can you elaborate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. mohan

It is on another thread - commonly referred to as the DBS Powermod.

9. ahmetkaragoz

What can we do to upgrade the battery? I cant go to long distances due to battery!!! There must be some solution.

Is there anyone who has done it ?

10. Lovelight

The Phantom platform is more of a turn-key solution with the majority of design and build elements figured out for you. It does pretty well within that design envelope. If you want a multi-copter that is optimized for very long flight time, build one up from scratch so you have the leeway to optimize for a specific factor. There are a ton of resources online that can get you started but it will take some work on your part to learn the principles being applied.

11. Julius717

Search people SEARCH.

12. YolevonALLin

It's beyond absurd how many duplicate threads there are on here of new people asking something that's literally three threads down on the same front page. Not this one necessary, but it's a daily flood of bullshit that I think the mods need to start locking new threads that have been asked a thousand times and labeling those locked threads with your quote.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

13. TonG

Thats more or less logical.
    Aslong there is no chapter structure in this forum you will not easy know or there was a similar tread before.
    Thank god that this forum is not like the RC-groups. I don't read that anymore, to complicated to follow!

14. Akrosfer

If you think this forum is only for experienced (in both uav details and forum tactics) people, then please show me that "written" rule. Trust me, i would not hesitate to go and find another place to "ask" and "learn". Sorry for taking your precious time but you know you dont have to read or reply every single post.

15. ahmetkaragoz

Talk to mods! Don't cry here like baby. We don't want to discuss your thoughts regarding the mods responsibilities.