Battery updates? Important?

Reaction score
I bought a p4p when they first released back in November, I remember after updating the aircraft firmware, that each new battery I installed would get a notification of inconsistent firmware in the dji go 4 home screen, slide to update and all was good. I sold that p4p 2 months back. Missed it, so I bought a brand new one a couple weeks ago. I updated the firmware first thing using the included high capacity battery. Flew 1st flight. Then I put in my second battery( regular) which I have been using in my P4 standard previously. I expected to get the inconsistent firmware on the home screen of DJI go 4 and I would slide to update. But, The thing is I didn't get this notification. I waited, hoping it would pop up, even tried a different device to see if it would show up. Nothing. Hmmmm. So to make a long story even longer and definitely more boring, How important is getting the previously said notification? Should I worry?

No, you shouldn't worry. I have done a number of updates since I got mine in early December, on at least one occasion only the HC batt needed an update but the p4 batt did not. If you don't get the "slide to update" message then it is not needed and all is well.

If you don't get the notification, I'd not worry. It was difficult to follow but it seems that you used two different types of batteries. Perhaps only the high capacity one needed a specific updtate and the other did not.

Doesn't show in my experience with DJI Go 4. Power up drone once connected up to computer with DJI Assistant and new battery and it should detect firmware versions mismatch and offer to upgrade firmware on (the battery), then reboot once done and verify. Been doing that last few upgrades.

Reactions: KingDad1985
Doesn't show in my experience with DJI Go 4. Power up drone once connected up to computer with DJI Assistant and new battery and it should detect firmware versions mismatch and offer to upgrade firmware on (the battery), then reboot once done and verify. Been doing that last few upgrades.
Ok thank you. I appreciate the info

The battery update is important. I few with an un-updated one yesterday. The controller started beeping, but the battery said 51%. I landed and the 1st light was blinking, so the battery was almost dead. The screen went down to 47. Then the recording wouldn't stop. Had to power off the controller, drone and back on. Then I could stop recording. And it said I needed to update the battery. This is a Pro+.

Reactions: KingDad1985
FYI screen grab of message from a previous update
271f8662db7714a539b73db455716aa1.jpg

Ok I figured out how to update the battery from DJI go 4.

With everything turn off, including tablet. Must follow these steps in order.

1. Plug in tablet to RC
2. Turn on RC.
3. Turn on Aircraft, wait to get the green light on RC
4. Power on tablet.
Following these steps I now get the version check in the top left corner of DJI go 4, which notified me of a inconsistent firmware, slide to update, all is good . ;)

Reactions: Alan Russel
Hi KingDad1985,
Thanks this helped me also, if you don't do things for a while we seem to forget LOL
Just getting older I guess LOL
Thanks Man
SteveP55

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav