Battery update?

Reaction score
Today my 2nd battery for P3P arrived!! That's part of extra battery set already had arrived 10 days ago.
I've upgraded 1st battery (?) through aircraft update (1.1.9), and it succeeded. I remained update file in SD, and boot with 2nd battery - nothing occurred. The log shows:
--
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
--
and that's the same as when already upgraded aircraft + battery boot. What's the answer?
1. aircraft firm is the newest, so battery version is old but update process doesn't start,
2. this time battery update is not necessary (as RC),
3. nobody knows. Believe DJI...

Today my 2nd battery for P3P arrived!! That's part of extra battery set already had arrived 10 days ago.
I've upgraded 1st battery (?) through aircraft update (1.1.9), and it succeeded. I remained update file in SD, and boot with 2nd battery - nothing occurred. The log shows:
--
========== 2014.01.01 00:00:11 unsynchronized ======
Packet: P3X_FW_V01.01.0009.bin
Result: Abort.
The firmware on the SD card is identical to or older than the current firmware on the aircraft.
--
and that's the same as when already upgraded aircraft + battery boot. What's the answer?
1. aircraft firm is the newest, so battery version is old but update process doesn't start,
2. this time battery update is not necessary (as RC),
3. nobody knows. Believe DJI...
The batteries update on their own when they're put into the aircraft. This is telling you everything is up to date.

Thanks, bbfpv... I also thought the 2nd battery is up to date because it's shipped on May 27th, but nothing occurred so confused.
Same here, put my new second battery in today, put the latest firmware .bin file into the root of the sd card, turned on and it quickly made 3 short beeps i think, i checked the read txt file afterwards and it said " The firmware on the SD card is identical etc.."
So the battery must of already been updated to the latest firmware from factory. :)

Reactions: taroh
Same here, put my new second battery in today, put the latest firmware .bin file into the root of the sd card, turned on and it quickly made 3 short beeps i think, i checked the read txt file afterwards and it said " The firmware on the SD card is identical etc.."
So the battery must of already been updated to the latest firmware from factory. :)

Or, this time 1.1.9 don't include battery update (like as RC).

Reactions: AmosMoses
Nothing in the release notes of any firmware have mention an update to the battery.

I suspect the first time it does, that DJI will need to let people know since each battery will need to be inserted and updated.

Or, this time 1.1.9 don't include battery update (like as RC).
Now this has got me thinking, maybe the update for the battery was on 1.1.8 like the RC? I still have the 1.1.8 so i might just try and install that one with the new battery and see what happens, i'll just re-install the 1.1.9 afterwards to make sure. DJI should really be more clear on issues like this. :rolleyes:

Absence of success is not indication of failure. "It keeps hot things hot and cold things cold. But how do it know?"

I tried updating the battery with the 1.1.8 firmware but the same as firmware 1.1.9 the text read the usual "identical or older firmware already installed" so it seems no updating is required with our second batteries.

My experience was that my Phantom came directly from China with everything updated to the latest firmware... as others have said, you are probably experiencing the same thing as you are not getting any nagging from the pilot app or the text file.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj