Battery to power FPV ground receiver

Reaction score
Thanks to all again for all the good advice, it shows as now my flights are close to perfect. I just connected the FPV a few hours ago and used a 2200 phantom 3s battery for the ground receiver, it sort of heats up too quickly. Can anyone tell me which LiPo is best for the FPV receiver unit?
$T2eC16d,!y8E9s2fk3,dBSOqUk3Jvg~~60_57.JPG

I bought a 12v supper ( <-- that's how its written on eBay) rechargeable li-ion 6800mah battery. It has a switch, LED built in, 2x 2.5mm DC jacks (1x male 1x female) and comes with a 500mah AC charger. The size is utterly amazing! Its small and light, I highly doubt it can be 6800mah, but I have used it for powering my 7"LCD and av receiver. The battery has been fine up until last weekend when it either went flat or something in my wiring went astray (likely the latter). Not that I think of it, I have used it quite a but since I first got it and charged it too. Anyways . .

eBay item #360584450180. <--- under $25!

There is also 9000+MaH ones!

Now, Rotor Head, while I'm here, I've been meaning to ask about the username? Can I assume your a fan of a particular Mazda Engine??

Thanks Driffill,
Did you buy it from China? that`s what comes up on Ebay. Takes so long, I normally buy US sellers only. The username can be explained here: In helicopters the rotorhead is the part of the rotor assembly that joins the blades to the shaft, cyclic and collective mechanisms. I just liked the username because I`m very active, my brain`s always thinking new ideas.

Here`s my first good photo with the phantom

993440_546901275386290_1871843795_n.jpg

Driffill said:
I bought a 12v supper ( <-- that's how its written on eBay) rechargeable li-ion 6800mah battery. It has a switch, LED built in, 2x 2.5mm DC jacks (1x male 1x female) and comes with a 500mah AC charger. The size is utterly amazing! Its small and light, I highly doubt it can be 6800mah, but I have used it for powering my 7"LCD and av receiver. The battery has been fine up until last weekend when it either went flat or something in my wiring went astray (likely the latter). Not that I think of it, I have used it quite a but since I first got it and charged it too. Anyways . .

eBay item #360584450180. <--- under $25!

There is also 9000+MaH ones!

Now, Rotor Head, while I'm here, I've been meaning to ask about the username? Can I assume your a fan of a particular Mazda Engine??

Yep, I bought mine from the good ol PR of C (people's republic of China lol)

I do buy from the us aswell, but I'm in Australia, so postage takes just as long either way, I actually received two parcels from the us today, a new mem card module for the FBOSD and a bunch of car parts for my RX8!

A monitor and receiver is very low power. For that receiver and a 7 inch monitor you can use a tiny 850mah 3s lipo. Mine lasts for about a week before I need to recharge it and it is attached to the back of my monitor/Futaba/FPV receiver.

This site has an Australian warehouse.

http://www.hobbyking.com

Does the receiver or the battery heat up? The receiver only needs around 6V I think, so it's internal regulator is doing a lot of work. That's not necessarily the worst thing in the world, but it's inefficient. I'm running my monitor direct off a 3S, and the rx off a 6v BEC. That keeps the heat in check.

I use a stock phantom 2200mah battery for my receiver and monitor and this gives me way more capacity then I will ever use. Even if I fly for a couple hours I barely use 500mah so not much need to use anything larger, if your receiver is heating up check what voltage it can accept but I would assume most would take 3s Lipo's these days as will most screens or goggles. Its possible your receiver just runs hot also make sure to never power it on without an antenna as this will cause it to overheat and cook itself very quickly.

Thanks for all the input, learned a lot. The monitor I got uses a 6600 mAh 7.4v camcorder battery, I opened the plate and connected the Rx power cable to it, looks so natural and works great, lasts forever. No heating the RC305 anymore :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31