Battery temps

Reaction score
I have a 10 gram lighter phantom ver1.1.1 and my batteries get quite jot during flight. I'm talking around the 45-50 degree centigrade temp(guessing). I will measure this when I buy an infra red thermometer. Just curious as tho wether this is typical or if I have something wrong with my aircraft. Happens with all my batteries. Original phantom battery, 2200Mah turnigy and 2700Mah Titan RC.

Have you lowered your battery warning levels by any chance? Running the batteries low and long will make them run hot (and shorten their lifespan)

I've had the Naza voltage set to 11.3 and 10.7 under load from almost day one. I live in the tropics and regularly have outside temps of 32 digress C

50*C is really hot. I have never had a battery come out of the Phantom feeling anything other than "mildly lukewarm," even with my 10C Walkeras run down to 10.4C.

If it's happening with all of your batteries, I'd check to see if you may have something draining the batteries at an abnormal rate. Are your flight times impacted?

Ozzyguy said:
Get 13-15 mins

What I mean is, are these the same flight times you were getting before? I assume this warm-battery issue is something new?

Ah I see. And no the flight times have remained the same. No I didn't blow off and I was lucky to get a 15 min flight in yesterday morning. Cyclone made landfall about 500km north of here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4