Battery Temperature High!

Reaction score
Have had a blast flying the Phantom with the zenmuse gimbal since Friday. Took it out this morning and after about 4 minutes the LEDs started flashing red showing the battery was low. After landing, I connected P2 to my laptop and in the PS assistant program the battery temperature displayed 6400+. To date, it shows the battery has been cycled 9 times. Also, when connected to the charger it flashes one green bar for a couple hours and does move. Has anyone else seen this? I have yet to connect the FPV TX.

Is it puffed? Seems dead, judging by your description. Be careful, especially when charging. If there's some internal damage or something, the battery could end up in flames.
I would not attempt to fly with a battery like this.

Have had a blast flying the Phantom with the zenmuse gimbal since Friday. Took it out this morning and after about 4 minutes the LEDs started flashing red showing the battery was low. After landing, I connected P2 to my laptop and in the PS assistant program the battery temperature displayed 6400+. To date, it shows the battery has been cycled 9 times. Also, when connected to the charger it flashes one green bar for a couple hours and does move. Has anyone else seen this? I have yet to connect the FPV TX.

The temp of your 64.00 degrees isn't abnormal since you just out flying but you should let the battery cool down before recharging it. Once you have recharged that battery check it in the P2 software and take a screen shot and post it here. It also isn't a bad idea to check your battery often to see the condition of the current and voltage levels of all three cells.

Not puffed. I probably have 10 lipos between my trucks, helis and planes however none of them have a "smart" connector. The temperature is displayed as 6400.00+, not 64.00. I will take a screen shot when I get back home Sunday.

On the flip side, the P51 themed wrap looks pretty sweet....

Not puffed. I probably have 10 lipos between my trucks, helis and planes however none of them have a "smart" connector. The temperature is displayed as 6400.00+, not 64.00. I will take a screen shot when I get back home Sunday.

On the flip side, the P51 themed wrap looks pretty sweet....

Well the melting point for gold is about 1943° guess your battery was made of some alien material. Guess you must have the third degree burns to prove it.:D

When I get back to my shop I will take a screen shot of it... Have to love a defective RTD on a PCB......

When I get back to my shop I will take a screen shot of it... Have to love a defective RTD on a PCB......

By the time you get back to the shop to take that screenshot it will have cooled off.:D

I know right? In northern Labrador right now... I was surprised that DJI is willing to replace it considering the cost of the battery is what I spent on the complete quad..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers