Battery tabs don't depress enough for removal from Quad?

Reaction score
Has anyone here received any batteries that had a tab that wouldn't push in all the way? If so, how did you get it out of the quadcopter? I've pried the quadcopter's frame up in order to get the battery out; not a long term solution. Any quick fix on this? Returns are a pain.

I'm confused. If you couldn't push the battery in, hope come you can't get it out?!
2 ideas: maybe it's supposed to be for a different quad, or maybe it's too indicate that it's new, and you're supposed to remove it?

(Sorry about the "auto-correcting" keypad)) "hope" should be "how" and "too" should be "to."

A video might explain it better... but I'm sending it back. Just wanted to see if anyone else has had that problem before. I've bought a lot of phantom3 batteries and this is the first one I've ever seen with this flaw.

use both thumbs on top, 1st & 2nd fingers below (of both hands), while forearms push gently on adjacent arms. (I found this tip on this forum)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have one like you are describing, takes a little more force on the top part but I've got it figured out and that sucker isn't coming out during flight!

thanks all for your advice and links. I've been very forceful and at the same time... gentle... if that means anything. I've been courteous with it and a-hole'ish in nature.... neither works unless I pry it. The top tab just doesn't press in at all... I think the mold screwed up or something.. but I don't want to xxx-rig it and brick it and not be able to send it back at all.. it's a very pivotal part of these machines and anything I do to it I fear might render it not trustworthy... sorry about the blue...

battery_zpsyppzkkso.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.