Battery Swelling

Reaction score
I had an issue with one of my batteries swelling up. Would go into low battery mode and start loosing power around 55%. Sent that back to get replaced and now i am looking at my other battery and cant really tell if it is swollen or not. It has a little squish to it but not nearly as bad as my other one, plus i dont have any early low battery warnings with this one. My question is if i plus the quad into the computer and im looking at the battery section is there anything that would be a give away of a failing battery?

I also noticed sometimes controls are a bit delayed, i thought maybe it was due to the bad battery but today when I was flying it seemed like getting it to come back to me was a little hesitant and then there were times it would shoot forward. It was a bit windy so im not sure if it was just wind gusts holding it back or if this could be another issue?

dirkclod said:
Yes the #'s from each cell would be a lot differant from each other .

The cell voltage from each cell on my bad battery were pretty similar. Took a picture before i sent it back here was the readings:

Cell #1: 3789
Cell #2: 3782
Cell #3: 3775

Voltage was at 11346 mV and Current was at -1504mA

Any of this sound strange?

A swollen battery won't always have a large difference in voltage/current, in the early stages.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers