Battery swap question

Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if I was to fly my P3A to a long distance where there wasn't enough battery to return, would I be able to land it at that point and have someone swap in a new battery for the return home? I'm not sure if the remote would reconnect at that distance. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

It will work as long as your remote controller is connected to your Phantom. That means the path between you and your Phantom must be clear of all obstacles when your Phantom is on the ground.

Your Phantom and remote are paired, so I would think that it would reconnect, as long as you had a good signal when you land. Not completely sure, though. I don't see how it's any different than it connecting from 10 feet away or 100 feet away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi,

I was wondering if I was to fly my P3A to a long distance where there wasn't enough battery to return, would I be able to land it at that point and have someone swap in a new battery for the return home? I'm not sure if the remote would reconnect at that distance. Just curious.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Technically you can land at a far place and some one can replace the battery. You can restart P3 if it is in LOS, means your RC can see P3.

In reality this gets difficult due to ground obstructions unless you can establish the line of sight.

I wanted to send my p3p to a spot nearby, 280 meters above home point.
Then swap battery, that means power down, and take off. All within line of sight. However I suspect that turning on the P3P after swapping batt will not allow me to get to my position 280 m lower due to -200 m limit.
Is that so? I suspect that it is

I wanted to send my p3p to a spot nearby, 280 meters above home point.
Then swap battery, that means power down, and take off. All within line of sight. However I suspect that turning on the P3P after swapping batt will not allow me to get to my position 280 m lower due to -200 m limit.
Is that so? I suspect that it is

There is'nt a -200M altitude limit. Check the video in the following thread.

Take off + land at different altitudes?

Reactions: Raanan

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.