Battery Stress Cracks?

Reaction score
Is anyone else getting stress cracks on the P4 batteries? I'm getting them specifically on the front near the LEDs... No cracks in the drone though.

07110d38c6f61cbb5cf2f68aa5600558.jpg

I don't have the P4 but I wouldn't think that's a sress crack. Maybe you dropped it or bumped it, it could also be from the temperature

That's a common place for stress cracks on the P4 batteries. If you contact DJI support, they will likely replace them for free.

Reactions: tak5501
Yes, the click you hear when you push the battery into the craft is a spring snapping against the inside of the battery just under the battery level LED. Some early batteries are prone to cracking.

I have three batteries and one of them is cracked. I never bothered getting a replacement. It seems to be cosmetic only. It happened last fall and hasn't grown larger since....

That's a common place for stress cracks on the P4 batteries. If you contact DJI support, they will likely replace them for free.

Yeah contact DJI and they will ask you the serial numbers for aircraft, battery remote, what year you born , what you had for breakfast, what your favourite colour is, what toilet paper you use :D

They make it very difficult lol,

Seriously do contact them though and hope they replace them easy, and quickly..

Yes, the click you hear when you push the battery into the craft is a spring snapping against the inside of the battery just under the battery level LED. Some early batteries are prone to cracking.

I have three batteries and one of them is cracked. I never bothered getting a replacement. It seems to be cosmetic only. It happened last fall and hasn't grown larger since....

I dont click the batteries in anymore, i hold the battery release tabs down while sliding it in, then when in give it a nice firm push followed by a slight pull to check its locked in :)

Reactions: mcmmotorsports
I dont click the batteries in anymore, i hold the battery release tabs down while sliding it in, then when in give it a nice firm push followed by a slight pull to check its locked in :)
That doesn't help, I've always held the buttons down when inserting battery and mine has cracked.

I just sent two in... I do hope they replace them even if it is cosmetic. If they don't replace them I can't imagine them sending back something with a crack in it and allowing a user to continue using it. and if they don't replace them I want them back!

I'll keep updating this and letting you know how it all turns out!

Thanks for the post!

Just to let you know... I had very simular stress cracks on two of my batteries for my P4 and just flew with um thinking it wasn't harmful to the battery. Well after reading this thread I contacted DJI... sent them in.. and I'm getting two new ones! Not bad... thanks MSINGER...

Just to let you know... I had very simular stress cracks on two of my batteries for my P4 and just flew with um thinking it wasn't harmful to the battery. Well after reading this thread I contacted DJI... sent them in.. and I'm getting two new ones! Not bad... thanks MSINGER...

How old are your batteries? I've had my P4 for about a year now so I don't think they'll replace them. Everyone here is saying 6 months.

I've had them since the P4 came out... long time.. I really don't remember how old.. but if you chat with them online... send them a pic... they will have you send them in... I doubt they would send back batteries for you to use with cracks... give it a shot!

I've had them since the P4 came out... long time.. I really don't remember how old.. but if you chat with them online... send them a pic... they will have you send them in... I doubt they would send back batteries for you to use with cracks... give it a shot!
Thanks for responding! I'll try to contact them today.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20