Battery storoage question

Reaction score
I don't plan on flying the bird for a couple of months. The last time I had it out was approx Feb. 2 2016. At that time I flew it till the go app said the battery level was low. When I push the button on the battery, I see one solid green light. According to the manual, this means the charge is between 30 and 40 percent. Is it ok to store the battery at this level or must I charge it to the recommended 65 percent level?

Thanks. Jim B.

Store it like that and before the next flight charge it up. That's what I do with them and no issues

Reactions: QuadBart
Thanks. That's what I'll do.

Per the Phantom manual, one solid green light means the battery is 12.5%-25% charged. DJI recommends storing the battery between 30%-50%, so that's too low. Charge the battery until the 3rd light starts blinking. At that point, it'll be ready to store for a few months.

I've stored lipos (R/C cars) for years (forgot about them) in "need charge" state after I ran them to the point where there was a noticeable drop in performance. Stored them in an ammo can in my basement. Pulled them out 3 years later. None were puffed up. I took two of them, charged them and ran them in my car. No issues... Now I didn't time them so I don't know if they've lost capacity but they seemed to run fine with no noticeable power loss..

YMMV

Per the Phantom manual, one solid green light means the battery is 12.5%-25% charged. DJI recommends storing the battery between 30%-50%, so that's too low. Charge the battery until the 3rd light starts blinking. At that point, it'll be ready to store for a few months.
Thanks. I'm getting my 30 - 40% level from page 18 of the Phantom 3 standard users manual. Where did you get your info from?

I've stored lipos (R/C cars) for years (forgot about them) in "need charge" state after I ran them to the point where there was a noticeable drop in performance. Stored them in an ammo can in my basement. Pulled them out 3 years later. None were puffed up. I took two of them, charged them and ran them in my car. No issues... Now I didn't time them so I don't know if they've lost capacity but they seemed to run fine with no noticeable power loss..

YMMV
thanks for the info.

Reactions: QuadBart
Thanks. I'm getting my 30 - 40% level from page 18 of the Phantom 3 standard users manual. Where did you get your info from?
That's the battery life. You want to check the battery level.

BatteryLevel.png

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik