Battery Storage

Reaction score
Good Evening.
Is it the done practice to leave the battery in the phantom when it is in my bag for a week or so or is it best to take it out of the drone.
Thanks for any pointers.

You can leave the battery in the phantom itself, it won't make any diff in a weeks time. Long time storing in phantom could corrode the contacts because of potential differences. Otherwise I don't see any issue.

I have slots in my back pack and I keep them there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have battery contact covers and Lipo bag which I keep all my four batteries in for my own piece of mind as Lipo batteries need to be treated carefully and with respect, if they are mis-treated they could catch fire.

I have battery contact covers and Lipo bag which I keep all my four batteries in for my own piece of mind as Lipo batteries need to be treated carefully and with respect, if they are mis-treated they could catch fire.
...but you do need to be pretty stupid to get to that stage.

I don't take kindly be being referred to as stupid and your comment is out of order. If you know anything about Lipo batteries if they are treated carefully and stored correctly they should be OK.

I don't take kindly be being referred to as stupid and your comment is out of order. If you know anything about Lipo batteries if they are treated carefully and stored correctly they should be OK.
Ken, I don't believe Numone was calling you stupid but implying that if one has mistreated their batteries to the point that they catch fire then one must be stupid. Either way it's not appropriate. Sometimes carelessness is all it takes. Taking precaution is prudent.

Anyway..
I got myself one of those shell case bags and it does have a couple of wee bits for the battery. I will keep in there then. Thanks for the advice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic