Battery Storage

Reaction score
DJI recommends storing the batteries between 59 to 68 deg F temp. This is impossible at my house especially during summer months. Just wondering if anyone is following this. If so, any suggestions how to make this possible without cranking the AC in your house? I'm storing it in the case at the coolest place in the house but not within the suggested temps.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I don't think it's in the Phantom manual.

My post was based on this tutorial. But I do see in the DJI guideline that it is 71 to 82 F. So which one is correct? I would tend to believe DJI's guideline more.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:
I don't recommend you try letting your batteries enter hibernation mode. It apparently occurs if your batteries are stored for a long time and the charge drops below the recommended storage level. It would be better to regularly check your batteries and make sure the second light is always solid or blinking.

Reactions: Kima kim
I don't recommend you try letting your batteries enter hibernation mode. It apparently occurs if your batteries are stored for a long time and the charge drops below the recommended storage level. It would be better to regularly check your batteries and make sure the second light is always solid or blinking.

Oh okay. For a while I thought it was advisable to put the battery in "hibernate" mode if it won't be used for some time.
Would it be safe to assume that it won't be wrong if I either just leave it for storage, maybe a month or two, from a fully charged state or between 30-50% capacity?

Btw, thank you very much for taking the time to drop off a reply.

Last edited:
Would it be safe to assume that it won't be wrong if I either just leave it for storage, maybe a month or two, from a fully charged state or between 30-50% capacity?
They will be fine to sit for 1-2 months if they were fully charged and auto discharged down to the storage level. After two months, it would be a good idea to check them and charge them back up until the 3rd light starts blinking. Then, you can put them back into storage for another 1-2 months. The key is to ensure they are always in the 30-65% range while storing them.

Reactions: Kima kim
They will be fine to sit for 1-2 months if they were fully charged and auto discharged down to the storage level. After two months, it would be a good idea to check them and charge them back up until the 3rd light starts blinking. Then, you can put them back into storage for another 1-2 months. The key is to ensure they are always in the 30-65% range while storing them.

Thank you...thank you very much for sharing your expertise in the forums!
Happy flying to all!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20