battery storage

Reaction score
so i hear to store the batteries they shud be kept at around 50%

but my question is how do u check it cause all u have to go on is the green lights
i know 2 solid lit lights means about 50% but is there any other way of checking?

Plug phantom to assistant and you will see battery status

Odesláno z mého A1-810 pomocí Tapatalk

Wel, since the DJI charger is a bit crude, you have two options
- figure out how long it takes to fully charge a battery, and time it out so it only charges for half that amount of time (or a little less)
or the more fun way : fully charge your battery, and then fly for about half the amount of time you normally would.

I just check the flashing lights while charging. Two solid lights and when the third light first starts flashing, I pull the plug. That puts the charge very close to 50%. Close enough

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I would strongly advise again putting them In the refrigerator. LiPos love warmth. If you leave them In the fridge and take them out without allowing them to reach room temperature while still on the bag then they will get condensation.

I've done a lot of looking on the net. This chart seems to agree with the general consensus of lipo users.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398478196.016289.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1398478196.016289.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 376
Ozzyguy said:
Personally I'd be comfortable with 25° centigrade temp than risk
Free songy battery. But that's just me
I have stored mine in the fridge for two weeks at a time. No problem

Ozzyguy said:
I would strongly advise again putting them In the refrigerator. LiPos love warmth. .
For storage (the topic of this thread), you are incorrect all the way around.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4