Battery Storage Box = Happy Wife

Reaction score
After the wife read about the potential for LIPO fires it was made clear to me that continued marital bliss moving foward would only be possible by having a fire resistant battery storage solution. So off to the Army/Navy Store for an ammo box. I built the separators by using 2 pieces of 1/2 inch sheetrock. Sandwiched between them is a layer of 3 hour fire rated sealant. I then applied a coat of the fire rated sealant over the entire surface area of the sheetrock as well as filling the edges. I drilled holes into the top of the box for venting. A once over twice by the little lady and I was cleared for flight time. Though I may never have a battery turn into a Roman candle, my better half will sleep a little better at night knowing there is some protection around them. Happy wife, happy life.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    186.1 KB · Views: 505
I added a smoke detector to get a warning in case something happen. It has a magnet fixation.
Maybe it will not last very long if fire start but from I have seen on youtube, there are in most of case first some smoke before real fire.
2015-09-25 23.31.11.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers