Battery scaremongers?

Reaction score
Good evening- my first thread and I'm a newbie pilot.
I've been shooting photos and film for years but decided to venture into aerial stuff and bought myself a P4P and taking baby steps to learn it and use it properly.

I've been reading through a lot of posts and trying to get an answer about the batteries and chargers in the P4P.

My dealer tells me he avoids any third party chargers and just uses the DJI charging hub or a bunch of individual chargers. Others tell me the parallel charger..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01FKH027S/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

(which I understand is re-branded lots but has been around a while)

Is totally fine - and is a good value and decent bit of kit.

Others tell me that they'd not risk a third party charger because it can screw up the costly batteries. One person telling me he would be concerned that the quad could 'fall out of the sky' if I used none OEM chargers.

So, is there a definitive answer? Should I use OEM stuff instead or in conjunction with? I was thinking of using the DJI charging hub if I have to leave the batteries charging overnight and the back box third party one if I need to quickly charge all three and then switch it off.

Any thoughts?

Well ever since the P2, DJI battery 'packs' have the self-contained intelligence module which is responsible for safe operation by folks with ZERO experience with such powerful batteries.

This includes: Charging/balancing, Hi/Lo temperature, high-discharge and short-circuit protection to name a few.

This relegates the 'charger' to noting more than a power supply.
It could be argued that 3rd party equipment could do the same safely as there are a number of them on the market.

Whatever you decide, always remember, never leave LiPos charging unattended!!!

Well ever since the P2, DJI battery 'packs' have the self-contained intelligence module which is responsible for safe operation by folks with ZERO experience with such powerful batteries.

This includes: Charging/balancing, Hi/Lo temperature, high-discharge and short-circuit protection to name a few.

This relegates the 'charger' to noting more than a power supply.
It could be argued that 3rd party equipment could do the same safely as there are a number of them on the market.

Whatever you decide, always remember, never leave LiPos charging unattended!!!

Even with the DJI chargers? If they take 3 hours to charge 3 batteries doesn't anyone ever leave them to charge, or overnight on charge?

Lots of people let the batteries charge over night. This does not mean there is not a risk in doing so. The risk is that batteries could explode while charging. If you are there to monitor this, you have a chance to put out a fire should it result. The risk is very low.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj