Battery rountine

Reaction score
I have 3 batteries that I use, and fly every week or so on the weekends. After I'm done, I have 3 batteries around 15-25%. I also have the 3 battery DJI hub. Should I go ahead and put the 3 on the hub into storage mode (bringing them to approx 50%) and then charge them fully friday night/saturday morning before flying? Or should I just let them sit and charge them fully before flying?

Just didn't know the recommended procedure. I see lots about letting them auto drain after a couple days, but not this situation. With these expensive batteries, don't want to screw it up.

Reactions: rfaaj
It would be best to charge them up to the storage level after flying.

FYI, for those people who don't have the P4 battery charging hub, you can charge the batteries up until the 3rd light starts blinking on the battery.

Is the DJI charging hub the only available discharger for deep discharge?

The charging hub does not do a deep discharge. It'll only discharge batteries down to the storage level.

It would be best to charge them up to the storage level after flying.

FYI, for those people who don't have the P4 battery charging hub, you can charge the batteries up until the 3rd light starts blinking on the battery.

That hub looks great! I really want to get one. I have 3 batteries so it would be perfect!

The charging hub does not do a deep discharge. It'll only discharge batteries down to the storage level.

Is there anything on the market like the halogen P3 one you recommended?

Am I missing something? The battery hub does not have any setting.
So you should take the battery out once the third light starts to flash
and that's 50% charge. And that's what you should store them at ?

I have to apologize. I just looked at my battery hub and saw a switch for
charging and storage. I have had this for four months and never saw this.
Oh well sh.. happens. Maybe I need new glasses LOL.

I really want to order the hub from Amazon but I'm paranoid about getting a cheap knock off... hmmm

You can order the P4 battery charging hub here on Amazon from Sure RC (an authorized DJI dealer).

Last edited:
When I click the link it comes up "Sold By Digital Media Source" for $63.99. Is that the one?
It says "by DJI". Many dealers sell DJI products. This isn't a knockoff. You can easily return PRIME purchases for free, if you have a Prime account. Make things really easy and quick with free shipping on returns. That's a good buy.
upload_2017-1-25_20-50-1.png

It says "by DJI". Many dealers sell DJI products. This isn't a knockoff. You can easily return PRIME purchases for free, if you have a Prime account. Make things really easy and quick with free shipping on returns. That's a good buy.
View attachment 74458

Thanks for the reassurance. Just a bit scheptical because some of the reviews say they got a knock off.

When I click the link it comes up "Sold By Digital Media Source" for $63.99. Is that the one?
Sure RC comes up as the first seller when I click the link. Regardless, the product will be the same when you buy from any seller at the above link and Amazon ships the package.

Sure RC comes up as the first seller when I click the link. Regardless, the product will be the same when you buy from any seller at the above link and Amazon ships the package.

I was able to find the seller, "Sure RC" when I clicked on other sellers. I just ordered from them. Thanks! Can't wait to get my new charging hub!!

That's really a great price considering the hub is $90.00 directly from DJI!

Questions about the battery hub:

After you charge your batteries for storage at 50%, do you remove them from the hub and store them in your case etc. or do you leave them in the hub?

Also, let's say you switch to charge mode then you don't use the batteries, When they discharge, will it show on all three charge counters of the batteries as a charge?

After you charge your batteries for storage at 50%, do you remove them from the hub and store them in your case etc.
Yes.

let's say you switch to charge mode then you don't use the batteries, When they discharge, will it show on all three charge counters of the batteries as a charge?
The charged count increments by one each time the battery is charged from 0% to 100%. That means the counter will never increment until you've charged the battery at least twice (since you're never charging it from 0% to 100% in a single charge). So, if you charge the battery from 50% to 100% twice in a row, the count will increment by one.

Yes.

The charged count increments by one each time the battery is charged from 0% to 100%. That means the counter will never increment until you've charged the battery at least twice (since you're never charging it from 0% to 100% in a single charge). So, if you charge the battery from 50% to 100% twice in a row, the count will increment by one.

Ohhh ok. Thanks for the info! Your seriously a huge help and I appreciate your prompt replies to my never ending stream of questions! :confused:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik