Battery repair?

Reaction score
Is there anyway to "repair" a damaged battery? I have a phantom 2 battery that is reporting a bad cell. Is there anything you can do to repair it...or is it just toast?

-Michael

Try discharging the battery completely by running it in your Phantom (with the props and motors off) until your Phantom shuts off. It would be best to fly until the battery is down to at least 30% -- so, it doesn't take so long for the battery to be depleted. Also, it would be a good idea to do this in a cool place and/or point a fan at your Phantom to keep it cool. Once the battery shuts off and cools down, recharge it and check if it's still reporting a bad cell. If so, then it's time to replace it.

So the other day i was going to fly my Phantom standard and when checking out the battery i noticed a small crack in the outside plastic housing. is it possible to have dji repair the housing so it doesnt cause future problems ? Dont want the battery randomly exploding during flight and destroy the whole drone. Also , one of my batteries said bad cell / firmware not upgraded on it and instructed me to turn it in to DJI for repair but when i restarted the battery and aircraft there was no error message. should i be worried ?

when checking out the battery i noticed a small crack in the outside plastic housing. is it possible to have dji repair the housing so it doesnt cause future problems?
They would most likely only replace the battery. I'm not sure if it would be worth it if the battery is out of warranty. If it's less than 6 months old, they should replace it under warranty (assuming you did nothing to cause the crack).

one of my batteries said bad cell / firmware not upgraded on it and instructed me to turn it in to DJI for repair but when i restarted the battery and aircraft there was no error message. should i be worried ?
The DJI GO app sometimes shows random errors. I wouldn't worry about it unless the error keeps reappearing.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj