battery removal

Reaction score
My Phantom 2 is almost ready for its first flight.
Checked out the system and all is good to go.
Just need to charge the battery.
So how is the battery removed?
Ok sounds stupid but really, the clips could have been designed for easier use.
I have applied pressure on both clips and still can't get the battery out.
What's the trick?

I struggle a little bit with this,too.

I push the tabs together as I am pulling with one hand and the other hand I hold the body of the P2 firm. Grit my teeth. And, pull slow and hard straight out. Eventually, the battery cooperates and comes out!

Yep this is always a two hand job. I grip on the tabs with my right hand whilst placing my left hand on top of the phantom pressing down slightly. I push away with my left and pull with my right. When it gives ease off so they don't fly apart.

Good luck :)

well I managed to get the battery out and on the charger.
IMO, this has got to be the dumbest of all ways to charge a battery,
I would have designed the charger unit so that all you'd have to do is snap it into the box like you do in the bird.

If you have anything attached to the bottom of the P2, then pull the battery out and see if you can see a screw protruding into the battery compartment. It doesn't take much to have it interfere with the battery.

Suwaneeguy said:
well I managed to get the battery out and on the charger.
IMO, this has got to be the dumbest of all ways to charge a battery,
I would have designed the charger unit so that all you'd have to do is snap it into the box like you do in the bird.

Au contraire... It would appear to be one of the more clever battery systems in this area. You have one of the highest density battery packs out there that snugly fits into the Phantom without any connecting of loose wires. Charging is similarly plug and play.

And when you crash (because it probably will happen at some point) the battery will act as an intertial dampener disconnecting from the body under enough G load. Granted it only works at some angles but it is the same technique the mobile industry used to employ to reduce damage from dropped phones. That is until Steve Jobs decided to "fix the battery" and the industry sheep all followed.

There is a youtube video of a guy that figured out how to remove the battery by using your two hands acting as a lever.
I have used this method an it really works well.
I will try and find the video and post here.... really like the method!
Found it...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is a youtube video of a guy that figured out how to remove the battery by using your two hands acting as a lever.
I have used this method an it really works well.
I will try and find the video and post here.... really like the method!
Found it...

Applying silicone grease to the front track of a DJI smart battery to make it easier to extract from the Phantom 2/vision/2 vision + battery compartment.

Applying silicone grease to the front track of a DJI smart battery to make it easier to extract from the Phantom 2/vision/2 vision + battery compartment.

I have done that and it did help a little. Wanted to add that I noticed the grease holds grit and dirt, but a little cleaning once in a while keeps things "moving".

I have done that and it did help a little. Wanted to add that I noticed the grease holds grit and dirt, but a little cleaning once in a while keeps things "moving".

I did this more then a year ago and haven't had any problems with dirt in the tracks. But then i didn't use that much and rubbed in into the track with my finger and if you seen the areas I fly from you'd wonder why.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31