Battery recommendation ?

Jmm_jammy said:
My P1 build is sitting at 1084g all up weight includes:

Zenmuse, mini iosd, fatshark vtx, spironet antenna, GoPro and the standard phantom 2200 lipo.

I am yet to fly it! Will put flight time result up once the weather settles!

Quick question, how are you testing flight times? Indoor hover, outdoor hover, gps or attitude?

I fly outdoors in GPS mode personally. I do a lot of moving around and some full throttle from time to time just to get to the next spot quicker. I use a speaking stopwatch while flying so I can hear "1 minute"... "2 minutes"... coming from my pocket as I fly. I used to put the phone in airplane mode so it doesn't interfere with the 2.4Ghz but I've since stopped doing that as it doesn't seem to affect Tx range. But ultimately my flight times come from the video: time from takeoff to landing.

Mike

mikeydaddio said:
I got this one yesterday and took my first flight with it today. Got 10 minutes flying time. Payload (with battery) is 1200g. On the stock battery, the payload is slightly less at 1170 (because the 2700 battery is 30g heavier) but I only get 7 minutes. That's a big jump. The battery is slightly larger so it's a bit of a tight fit and you have to go cables first. But other than that, it seems like a good battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJB ... UTF8&psc=1

Mike

I have been looking in to this battery, seems like a good buy, from 7 to 10 minutes is a big jump on a loaded phantom! Do you have your low voltage warning values modified or stock values?

amrflyingdude said:
mikeydaddio said:
I got this one yesterday and took my first flight with it today. Got 10 minutes flying time. Payload (with battery) is 1200g. On the stock battery, the payload is slightly less at 1170 (because the 2700 battery is 30g heavier) but I only get 7 minutes. That's a big jump. The battery is slightly larger so it's a bit of a tight fit and you have to go cables first. But other than that, it seems like a good battery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HJB ... UTF8&psc=1

Mike

I have been looking in to this battery, seems like a good buy, from 7 to 10 minutes is a big jump on a loaded phantom! Do you have your low voltage warning values modified or stock values?

All stock. Flown the new battery 3x so far and am getting 10 minutes every time. It drains down evenly (last flight ended at 3.76 volts per cell) and charges back to exactly 4.20 volts per cell. Well balanced battery. Highly recommended.

Mike

baker745 said:
Just checked. Mad Dog 2700 back in stock at 2dogrc for those who have been waiting.

Thanks! Just ordered 4 more... Stills cost less than one extra P2 battery... :D

I'd love to pick the mad dogs up but I can't find any on Amazon. I have a ton of Discover points on my card and I can use them directly on Amazon.

I think I'm going to scoop up the Lectron 2700.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj