Battery question

Reaction score
I received 2 new Phantom batteries and started charging one of them. I went to check on it an hour later and noticed the light blinking red on the balance charger. I don't ever remember the light blinking. I noticed the charger was switched over to LiFe instead of LiPo.

Did I harm the battery at all leaving it on the charger while set to LiFe? I researched this and really could not find an answer.

Thanks!

I thought the blinking red light meant it was balancing one or two of the three cells so they were all equal. I use a Hitek X4 charger which has balance as an option. Get yourself an EOS Sentry or equivalent battery checker, about 35$ from a hobby store. Small and effective in the field before a flight to confirm your charge, or check a charge after a flight when the red lights are flashing. It will tell you what the difference is between the three seperate cells and if your battery is screwed or not. Good insurance to regularly check this.

You should be fine, I'm pretty sure the LiFe setting just stops the charging at a lower voltage since LiFe's have a little bit less per cell than LiPo's (and probably makes the trickle charge kick in sooner).

Roadkilt said:
I thought the blinking red light meant it was balancing one or two of the three cells so they were all equal. I use a Hitek X4 charger which has balance as an option. Get yourself an EOS Sentry or equivalent battery checker, about 35$ from a hobby store. Small and effective in the field before a flight to confirm your charge, or check a charge after a flight when the red lights are flashing. It will tell you what the difference is between the three seperate cells and if your battery is screwed or not. Good insurance to regularly check this.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ction.html

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl