Battery question again?

Reaction score
Hi all, I know & understand the battery thing of storing them at around 50% charge, but my question is how long can they be stored like this? Surely over a period of time they will lose even more of their charge & eventually become flat.

Would it be better to turn them on every couple of months to check charge & top back up to around 50% if needed?

Check out this guide for DJI's suggestions on battery care.

In an older battery guide, DJI recommended not storing the batteries for more than 3 months without using them. In the current guide, they mention no max time frame. They do note the battery will go into hibernation mode if depleted and not used for a long period of time (whatever that means). There is no indication whether or not hibernation mode will hurt the battery, but I'm assuming it's not better than maintaining the recommended 30-50% charge. It wouldn't be bad idea to check the battery every month or so to ensure it's maintaining a 30-50% charge. Just checking visually, that means two lights would be solid and the 3rd flashing when pressing the battery button.

If your plan is to store the battery for an extremely long time (e.g. a year+), then it would probably be best to sell your Phantom to someone who wants to fly it ;)

Reactions: ukglyn
Check out this guide for DJI's suggestions on battery care.

In an older battery guide, DJI recommended not storing the batteries for more than 3 months without using them. In the current guide, they mention no max time frame. They do note the battery will go into hibernation mode if depleted and not used for a long period of time (whatever that means). There is no indication whether or not hibernation mode will hurt the battery, but I'm assuming it's not better than maintaining the recommended 30-50% charge. It wouldn't be bad idea to check the battery every month or so to ensure it's maintaining a 30-50% charge. Just checking visually, that means two lights would be solid and the 3rd flashing when pressing the battery button.

If your plan is to store the battery for an extremely long time (e.g. a year+), then it would probably be best to sell your Phantom to someone who wants to fly it ;)

Thank you for that link & info.

There is no chance I will be storing it for that long, it just seems that here in the U.K at the moment we have gale force winds, the only time the wind stops is for the rain to fall:(. Roll on the spring & summer.:)

One good thing I have noticed about all my other lipo battery's is that they tend to not lose much of there charge even when in storage for a long time. I'm going to assume our p3 battery's would store the same as the p2s which I have not had any big drops in there voltage or any noticeable drop in capacity. Even after a long north eastern us winter storage they still stay pretty close to what ever % of charge they were when put away.

Tho I'm pretty **** about storing my battery's and I will usually check them every month or 2 over the winter

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic