Battery Quality

Reaction score
I only have my DJI Phantom Vision 2 for a year and a half.
Got it with one battery inside the box and purchased the second one right after.
Today both of my batteries are no longer good for flying.
They keep my phantom flying from 100% charge down to 60% when from there it takes no time to get the third and last battery low voltage warning on my I phone. I was lucky to test them out before this season just by hovering at low altitude so I had enough time to land without crashing. If I was at 200-300 feet up I would have no time to land....
This 2 batteries always charged with original out of the box charger. I do not see the benefit of smart chip inside, balance is out of wack big time!!! They calling it smart chip.... I call it crap chip.... Or better yet destroy in time frame chip...
I also think 30 times charging is not even close to what high quality battery should take before crapping out.
I am in high performance fast electric boats where the electronics are kicking the crap out of the batteries and the worst I ever remember on cheep HK batteries was 2 seasons, sucking them out way below LVC.... Still have them running my 2S2P boats without problems...
I am very disappointed with these batteries. On the same time DJI is saying never to purchase aftermarket batteries.
Here in Canada new one is $190.00 with tax and I had to purchase another 2 to keep flying 2015 season... How dumb this is...
Near $400.00 jut to replace 2 batteries.... Thanks DJI for making your money every season on Lipos....

Attachments

• battery-01-web.jpg
    battery-01-web.jpg
    103.6 KB · Views: 621
  • battery-02-web.jpg
    battery-02-web.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 635
I might be wrong, but aren't all lipo's limited in life?

Cyclone said:
I believe you are correct and if I had to pay that much for a battery I would be sick :shock:

I know lipos have limited life but not after 30 charges....
Cheep HK lipos will take up to 200 charges if properly taking care of...

Cyclone said:

I am sick of it but I was under impression there is no properly working aftermarket lipos and I need to stay with the original ones.
Lesson learned....

dirkclod said:
Cyclone said:
I believe you are correct and if I had to pay that much for a battery I would be sick :shock:

I am sick of it but I was under impression there is no properly working aftermarket lipos and I need to stay with the original ones.
Lesson learned...

I've read a lot of pros and cons to this. Some folks swear by the aftermarket ones while others swear AT them. Various claims that DJI battery software prevents aftermarkets from working. I really don't know WHAT to think...

That annoys me no end, DJI have developed all these new variants and models and have released them into the market place but they still haven`t solved a fundamental problem with the power source. For me that shows DJI doesn`t give a toss and if your battery or batteries go south your expected to purchase new ones as basically your tied in. The technology is currently available as everything from cordless drills to vacuum cleaners run on reliable LiPo`s these days so as i stated it`s obvious they don`t see the need to address the issue and are content for you, their valued customer, to keep on paying.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1